Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-15-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Shortcut to the Kindle store

Ok,

Does anyone know if there is a way via URL or some config on my amazon account to include Kindle books in the search filter?

When I go to amazon.com, Kindle Books isn't even a selection in the search filter. The only way I know how to get to it is to go through the departments list on the left, choose books, then choose kindle, the choose kindle store.

There's got to be a direct URL to get to that point.

Thanks,
BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:15 PM   #2
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just bookmark the Kindle store once you get there. Unless I'm misunderstanding, that's all you need.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:18 PM   #3
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
http://www.amazon.com/kindlestore
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
Just bookmark the Kindle store once you get there. Unless I'm misunderstanding, that's all you need.
Yea, I was looking for a shorter URL that I could just type in, which is how I get to most sites. But, your message did make me think of something.

So, I created the bookmark and called it "Kindle Store". Now with FireFox 3 when I type that in the awesomeBar finds it. That'll work in a pinch I guess.

Thanks for the idea.

BOb
Old 08-15-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Cool!
Old 08-15-2008, 07:03 PM   #6
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I keep the link to the Kindle store in my main list, where it shows up as "Amazon.com Kindle Store: Over 145,000 Books, Newspapers, Magazines, and Blogs." I've been updating it once in a while to keep an accurate book count.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 07:15 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Even better. I just created a keyword search for the Kindle store. so, now in the awesome bar I type...

k book title

and press enter it goes to the kindle store and searches for the book title. NICE!!! The more I learn about FireFox 3 the more I like it.

BOb
Old 08-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #8
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Even better. I just created a keyword search for the Kindle store. so, now in the awesome bar I type...

k book title

and press enter it goes to the kindle store and searches for the book title. NICE!!! The more I learn about FireFox 3 the more I like it.

BOb
I just started using Firefox (just to give it a try). I will have to try that out.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:29 AM   #9
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Firefox gives me a bar across the top where my 'favorite favorites" are listed. "Kindle Books" is the first one. Can't be any easier.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Firefox gives me a bar across the top where my 'favorite favorites" are listed. "Kindle Books" is the first one. Can't be any easier.....
Yep, that works too. But, I try to minimize my mouse usage. Although, there are probably some keyboard shortcuts for the links tool bar I'm not aware of.

BOb
Old 08-17-2008, 05:19 PM   #11
spanky
spanky began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise
I always type in kindle.com and it gets me to the books. I wish it was easier.
spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:20 AM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanky View Post
I always type in kindle.com and it gets me to the books. I wish it was easier.
That doesn't work. You still have to click on Kindle Books after you use that URL.

BOb
Old 08-18-2008, 09:46 AM   #13
etitameh
Enthusiast
etitameh doesn't litteretitameh doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
on a whim, i just tried kindlebooks.com -- and it works, straight to the kindle store.
etitameh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #14
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post

k book title

BOb
Thanks for the suggestion. It works like a charm. Now I can spend money even faster!
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 07:28 PM   #15
cush
Virtual Staggerwing Flier
cush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enoughcush will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle (and an iMac)
Yep, kindlebooks.com works just fine in Safari, too. I keep a Kindle Books bookmark in my favorites along the top of the screen-one click, no typing, and I'm there.
cush is offline   Reply With Quote