Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-20-2011, 11:21 AM   #31
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
It is just and effect of buying tendency. Rich, uncomplicated and quality demanding people tend to buy "iProducts". Users wanting more functions at lower costs tend to buy android products. This is because it's the way it is advertised. But I would agree to Steve Jobs, as once he said, "We do not ship junk".
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #32
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
hmmmm and I still use a hot mail account. Why? Because I set it up ages ago, a decent number of folks have that address, and it does me no harm.

And I am looking to move to a less elaborate cell phone. I use about 30 minutes amonth. I don't need anything special.

But I should be an IPhone user based on the demographics.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #33
jasonkchapman
Guru
jasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it isjasonkchapman knows what time it is

Device: Sony Reader, nook, Droid, nookColor, nookTablet
Actually, it's an impossible comparison. Android is available on a wide variety of hardware, from free (with contract) bargain basement phones to expensive dual-core qHD hot rods. Obviously, the demographic net is going to be spread a lot wider.
jasonkchapman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:05 PM   #34
sakura-panda
Guru
sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sakura-panda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2017 10.5" iPad Pro (Kobo, NOOK, Kindle, Google Play Books & Scribd)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
The iPhone's pretty commonplace in the US nowadays and the price with contract is low enough that it's within reach to a lot of folks as long as they can afford the monthly fees (min $55/mo + taxes on AT&T: Nation 450, $40 + Data 200MB, $15).
That is true only if you're somewhere that has decent AT&T service (I'm not and I very rarely see iPhones in the wild because of it.) I upgraded my Android phone about two months before Verizon started carrying it and their plan is more expensive than my current one with Sprint, so it's very unlikely that I personally would even consider switching unless Sprint started carrying them.

I don't think that says anything about the type of person that I am, except that I don't live in an area that has traditionally had good AT&T coverage.
sakura-panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:40 PM   #35
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJoseph View Post
But why do you have to be a status whore to have an iPhone? It's a phone, not a WWF belt or a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes. Why can't I just like my phone and you just like your phone? Why must you attach such words as "status whore" to someone over a phone simply because you don't like the phone/brand?
Karma coming right up.
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #36
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post

Another thing, how can the iPhone be a status symbol when practically everyone has one? The
Beautifully stated.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:45 PM   #37
RockdaMan
Banned

People love the older, more proven technology.

Quote:
Apple’s iPhone 4 first launched in June 2010, and the iPhone 3GS came out in June 2009. But in the three months ending in June 2011, they were again the two most-purchased phones by U.S. consumers, according to NPD Group. And Apple isn’t the only one getting mileage out of its devices: The third-place device, Sprint’s HTC Evo 4G, first launched in June 2010, too.
Quote:
Here are the...best-selling phones during Q2, via NPD’s Mobile Phone Track service:

Apple iPhone 4
Apple iPhone 3GS
HTC EVO 4G
http://www.splatf.com/2011/08/npd-iphone-2q11/
Old 08-22-2011, 02:17 PM   #38
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
heheheh

I fit the IPhone demographic but I just downgraded to a 65 and older plan (200 minutes) and got the cheapest phone in the Verizon store (no camera, big buttons, a bit clunky.) It was a good weekend.

I find cell phones like e-readers, find one with a plan that works for you and have fun. Personally, I don't need the functionality of a smart phone so I am not willing to pay the money to have one.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #39
glossywhite
glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
This thread is more pointless than the pointless things it is attempting to mock.

I like reading books. I care not of the preferences of others, nor which devices they wish to strain their eyes upon. Books, not opinions, thanks all the same.
glossywhite is offline   Reply With Quote