Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #76
estrial
small is good
estrial doesn't litterestrial doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy S
I just loaded the update too.. is it me or has the speeds increased since the update, I was fiddling with it pressing down or next page multiple times and the response were almost instant rather than 0.5 sec. Lets hope it dosn't crash no more.
estrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:46 PM   #77
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
I am hopeing that when I recieve my k3 on 9/14 it has been updated.
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 08:48 PM   #78
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
Take a look at this link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700
The update has been released!!
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:23 PM   #79
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
The released version of 3.0.1 is exactly the same as the preview version of 3.0.1 so if you've already got it installed then you don't need to do anything.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:51 AM   #80
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvkemp View Post
Take a look at this link

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700
The update has been released!!
Thanks for the link. Updating was quick and easy.* I didn't have a lick of trouble with the earlier version. I sure hope that doesn't change!

---
*After you hit the Update My Kindle button, the Kindle restarts a few times before you see the Home page.

Last edited by Viseguy; 09-10-2010 at 12:56 AM.
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 03:01 AM   #81
cybergeezer
cybergeezer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1 and K3 3G + WiFi, Kindle Paperwhite WiFi, iPod Touch 3, 4 & 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What do you mean when you say that it couldn't be deleted? When you tried to delete it from the "documents" folder, did you get a "file is in use" error, or something like that?
No, I did not get an error message but I didn't try to delete it from the documents folder, I just used the Kindle's delete function. The MobileRead Guide title greyed out but when I went back to that page it was still there. If I did a nonsense search (eg. "djdykdh") of all my items the MobileRead Guide showed up again as the only item not indexed. If I did a legitimate search just within the MobileRead Guide I got a valid search result.

This went on for a couple of days of trial and error with the same result each time. Enough time seemed to have gone by for the MobileRead Guide to have indexed if it was going to index without error.

For now, I'm not going to download the MobileRead Guide again.
cybergeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:08 AM   #82
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by estrial View Post
I just loaded the update too.. is it me or has the speeds increased since the update, I was fiddling with it pressing down or next page multiple times and the response were almost instant rather than 0.5 sec. Lets hope it dosn't crash no more.
I definitely think it is faster - or maybe just how it is supposed to be. Before it felt like I was having to wait for it to catch up. Now I can zip around on the kindle from web to books and not managed to crash it since the update 2 days ago.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 03:52 AM   #83
Madmanden
Enthusiast
Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Madmanden has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 3
I've never had a single crash or reboot on my 3.0 kindle, but I've updated anyway since it's official now. If it's even faster, then great!

I'll report back when I've tried the update...

EDIT: Oh wow, it really does seem quite a bit faster, even though I didn't think it was slow before. Thanks Amazon.

Last edited by Madmanden; 09-10-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Madmanden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:15 AM   #84
TenaciousBadger
Mrawr?
TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TenaciousBadger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle 3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Thornton View Post
I've installed it. It seemed to cycle through the update process twice, but appears to be fine. I'll post if I have any issues with it.
hmmm, mine seems to be doing the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
I definitely think it is faster - or maybe just how it is supposed to be. Before it felt like I was having to wait for it to catch up. Now I can zip around on the kindle from web to books and not managed to crash it since the update 2 days ago.
i've had the feeling it was lagging behind too! it crashed on me quite a few times because i was moving faster than it could catch up. so if it's faster, i'll take it!
TenaciousBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:24 AM   #85
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybergeezer View Post
This went on for a couple of days of trial and error with the same result each time. Enough time seemed to have gone by for the MobileRead Guide to have indexed if it was going to index without error.
Try rebooting the Kindle. After it reboots immediately try and delete the title in question.
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #86
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Last resort for deletions

One can always connect the K3 by USB cable to a PC. Then go via the PC to the file and delete it.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:28 AM   #87
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Well, do you know what? I emailed Amazon I was satisfied with my Kindle except for the browserperformance--they answered to download the latest software download and gave me a link. Allright; I downloaded but my Kindle wouldn't take to it. So I mailed Amazon about that.
In the meantime I kept trying to get that download; but still the notificationarea on the Kindle remained gray.
I asked someone to walk through the downloadinstructions with me. She asked me to read my Kindle nr + version. And behold: I had a different version from one hour ago (I checked it with my post at MR, in which I had given it). So in between my mail and my futile attempts to get the download installed, Amazon had already pushed me the new version.
I must say I felt a bit of a fool and also surprised. Lesson to learn: check your version very, very well/ and frrequently before attempting to download the latest software.
The times I live in.................

edit: browser is much more stable now and connectivity 3G also

Last edited by desertblues; 09-10-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: update on surprise-download
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:38 AM   #88
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Wifi change ?

Hi All
Just had to do some tests so I reset my wifi router.
I don't broadcast my SSID's but after K3 FW update, after router reboot, my K3 defaulted to 3g until I changed my router to broadcast that specific SSID.
Just me, or has any one seen something similar ?
I'll try to look into this some more whenever I get some time.
Why ? I hate broadcasting SSID's unless I have to attach new devices.
Why ? Attacks from bad guys trying to highjack/block my setup.
Cheers
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:46 AM   #89
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I don't have a K3, but I'm pretty sure I've seen reports of people successfully connecting to routers that don't broadcast the SSID. For the life of me, I can't remember where, but it involves manually entering the router's WiFi network name into the Kindle...... somewhere. Did you delete (forget) the network from your Kindle before attempting to reconnect?

Big help, huh?
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:41 AM   #90
Mirtika
Mirtika began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505
Okay, so I got the answer to my question an hour ago: Amazon sent through the update. Shows as new version in "settings". Yay. I had crashed a couple more times in the last few days, so I welcome it. Let's see if this works better in terms of crashes. It definitely is faster. No question.
Mirtika is offline   Reply With Quote