Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-14-2010, 12:27 PM   #1
KDawg
Junior Senior
KDawg has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: nookColor, nook, PRS-900, PRS-505, PRS-500, Kindle PW, Kindle Oasis
Sync between devices

I just picked up a nook and so far I like it a good deal better than the Sony Readers I have been using. Nice that the ePubs I have purchased carry forward, which was a deciding factor when considering the Kindle.

I have not been able to figure out how to make last-page-read synchronization go. I can see the B&N books I have purchased on my nook, the PC, and the iPad (and the iPhone for that matter, but I understand the iPhone doesn't support that sync yet) but the last-page-read doesn't seem to be syncing.

When I quit a book in the iPad I can see the little activity wheel spin (syncing?). When I quit a book in the nook the wireless fires up but I don't know if it syncs. I've tried forcing the issue with Check For New Content.

Any thoughts? I've looked for something in my B&N account to turn on but haven't found anything like that.

Thanks,

K
KDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
http://www.mediabistro.com/mobilecon...3152.asp?c=rss

Quote:
Unfortunately, synchronization is only available between the iPad app and the Windows version of the B&N eReader application.
The nook still isn't syncing as far as I know.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #3
KDawg
Junior Senior
KDawg has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: nookColor, nook, PRS-900, PRS-505, PRS-500, Kindle PW, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
http://www.mediabistro.com/mobilecon...3152.asp?c=rss

The nook still isn't syncing as far as I know.

That explains it. Although I don't see syncing happening between the iPad and Windows either. Thanks.
KDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:18 PM   #4
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
The sync that exists for Kindle apps works between iPhone and PC (I've done it), but it is kind of touchy. You have to exit the documents or it gets messed up. I don't know if the B&N apps have the same kind of touchiness.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote