Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-31-2008, 05:04 AM   #1
AndyJing
AndyJing began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505
34 english books on ms but only 29 books visible in 505! need help!

hi, everyone, i do need your help! i put 34 english books in memory stick which can be seen from the Windows Explorer, but there are only 29 books visible when i turn on my 505. what happened anyway? Can anyone help?
AndyJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 05:40 AM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
Are all the english books of a format that the 505 supports?
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2008, 09:36 AM   #3
AndyJing

thats for sure. all files are txt, lrf and pdf files. Now hours and hours have passed, the nightmare is still there! Anyone can help ?
Old 07-31-2008, 10:30 AM   #4
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
"Nightmare" eh?
Look at the files which were not recognized and see if there's anything special about them. Post one or two here (if you can) so that we can check on our Readers. Try another card or put them on internal memory.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:36 AM   #5
llasram
Reticulator of Tharn
llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llasram ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJing View Post
thats for sure. all files are txt, lrf and pdf files. Now hours and hours have passed, the nightmare is still there! Anyone can help ?
To get help you're going to need to be more specific -- figure out which books aren't showing up, test those books off the reader to make sure they aren't corrupted, give details about those specific books (format etc), and perhaps -- if legal to do so -- post a copy of one of the offending.
llasram is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2008, 11:19 AM   #6
khourianya
TechnoBookworm
khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.khourianya knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Samsung Galaxy Tab, Kobo Glo, Kobo Mini
try restarting your reader. I had this happen when I was using an SD card and restarting made them all show.
khourianya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:52 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The other thing is, can eBook Library view them all?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 11:56 AM   #8
AndyJing

Hi, guys, finally I worked it out! The error is caused by Chinese names. I did mention they were all English name files, but some lrf files got a Chinese character title. If these English name lrf files with a Chinese character title are stored with other English name txt files in the same collection, these lrf files will just not appear in your 505 screen. The sollution to the problem is to put them seperately in different collections. Now my nightmare is over at last. Thanks anyway. I do appreciate your help.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:17 PM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Non-ASCII filenames are a known issue. Best to avoid them!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote