Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-25-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
rjkister
Spaceman
rjkister began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Hello from Charlottesville

I bought a Kindle about six weeks ago when I decided I had to either stop buying books or move. I'm moving anyway, but still enjoying this brave new world.

My three friends call me Jim.

I like to think of myself as older than dirt, smart as a whip, mean as a snake but willing to learn. Also, having just successfully loaded the Federalist Papers, both unbearably smug and curious about the community.
rjkister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjkister View Post
My three friends call me Jim.

I like to think of myself as older than dirt, smart as a whip, mean as a snake but willing to learn. Also, having just successfully loaded the Federalist Papers, both unbearably smug and curious about the community.
HEY! are you trying to horn in on my territory??? Except for the "smart as a whip" part?? Do I need to get my stick out??

But seriously, Welcome to MobileRead. Soon you'll have more friends. Maybe even as many as 4.

Tell us what you like to read, and be sure and download the freebies we have here, lovingly formatted by our own members. Shout out with questions, and have fun.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2009, 05:41 PM   #3
rjkister
Spaceman
rjkister began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
How neat--I have a cousin living in Surprise. Thanks for the welcome.
rjkister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjkister View Post
How neat--I have a cousin living in Surprise. Thanks for the welcome.

You are welcome. Now, go forth and search this sites many forums and threads. If someone called "Marc" offers you anything to drink............run away fast!

One more thing....welcome to your latest addiction.............
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 06:03 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
hI rjkister and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Welcome to MobileRead. We're glad you've joined us. What kind of books do you read? Is The Federalist Papers a typical read for you? Did you download it from here at MobileRead?

I adore my Kindle and Sony readers. I don't think I'd read The Federalist Papers unless it was assigned reading in a course. But, I do read *lots* of science fiction, fantasy, and mystery novels. Several years ago, I started keeping a list of every book that I read and so I know that I finish 100-150 books each year.

It's nice to have new people join us at MobileRead -- hope you like the place.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 01:15 AM   #7
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Welcome to this brave new world!! Sounds like you should be reading Aldous Huxley instead....

(feeling very smug that I know that book title and author at all, as it was never assigned reading and I never have gotten around to it...yet)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote