Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 10:27 PM   #16
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I received my invoice and was charged on the 19th. I contacted customer support wondering about if it was shipped and they told me that the order was marked as "processing" and when it ships, I will receive a shipping notification. If they won't ship until Thursday, I won't bother them again unless I don't receive a shipping notification by Friday. I must say that I don't appreciate being charged without the item being shipped, I guess I'm just used to amazon.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:56 AM   #17
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
My pre-order was placed and confirmed via email on the 16th. A temporary CC pre-authorization was posted on 4/17. On 4/20 that pre-auth disappeared and there has been no activity whatsoever from Kobo. A phone call confirmed my order is indeed in their system. I am very spoiled by Amazon's excellent customer service -- they rule when it comes to e-commerce.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 04:37 AM   #18
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Order placed on 4/15, via Safari since I had issues with Firefox. Invoice received on 4/18, as well as pre-charge.

Call received on 4/17 from a Kobo rep that the Espresso cover was already sold out and wouldn't be available for 2-3 months...bleh. If I wanted to change my order? Went all-Onyx after all.

Pre-charge replaced by charge on 4/19. No shipping info.

But also charge from "Dillard's" for approx. same amount at the same time?!? Suspected fraud, but amount was very similar and it seems that Dillard's is some kind of dept. store selling some electronics, so I thought they may handle Kobo shipping & handling in the U.S.? Since Kobo finally charged separately, obviously fraud.

I am extremely careful with online purchases, and Kobo was the only company I recently gave this particular information to... Most likely they have nothing to do with it, but I would strongly suggest to keep an eye on your recent CC charges anyway...

Last edited by allovertheglobe; 04-23-2013 at 04:51 AM.
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #19
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Ordered mine on Friday, immediately received two emails, order and invoice, card charged on Sunday.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #20
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by allovertheglobe View Post
Order placed on 4/15, via Safari since I had issues with Firefox. Invoice received on 4/18, as well as pre-charge.

Call received on 4/17 from a Kobo rep that the Espresso cover was already sold out and wouldn't be available for 2-3 months...bleh. If I wanted to change my order? Went all-Onyx after all.

Pre-charge replaced by charge on 4/19. No shipping info.

But also charge from "Dillard's" for approx. same amount at the same time?!? Suspected fraud, but amount was very similar and it seems that Dillard's is some kind of dept. store selling some electronics, so I thought they may handle Kobo shipping & handling in the U.S.? Since Kobo finally charged separately, obviously fraud.

I am extremely careful with online purchases, and Kobo was the only company I recently gave this particular information to... Most likely they have nothing to do with it, but I would strongly suggest to keep an eye on your recent CC charges anyway...

Dillard's is a reputable department chain that originated in Arkansas (and may still be headquartered there). I know this for a fact, since I lived in Little Rock for 31 years.

ADDED: I have no idea what, if any, relationship there is between Dillard's and Kobo.

Don

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 04-23-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #21
louden
louden began at the beginning.

Device: Nook ST/Kobo Aura HD
FYI, I got a shipping notice today from Kobo. I ordered (onyx) on 4/16, got an invoice on 4/17 and now have a tracking number that the Canadian post office says is 4-10 business days out.

I can put the tracking number into the USPS website, and it shows the kobo is in Toronto.

Last edited by louden; 04-23-2013 at 01:45 PM.
louden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #22
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Ordered on the 18th, received order and invoice emails immediately, also my card was charged immediately. Nothing since. I presume since the card was charged they have to be shipping fairly soon. For the moment I am just going to wait patiently, which is hard!
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #23
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
Ordered on the 16th and my credit card immediately showed pending...it still showed pending even after I got the shipping notice on the 19th, but later in the day is showed as a charge. And yesterday morning (the 22nd) it arrived! The case I ordered on the 20th hasn't shipped yet, but the credit card shows pending charge.

I love this reader! Even better than the Glo. The screen is beautiful and it's a joy to read on. I like the larger screen size. Really nice device (and getting t a week earlier than I expected is sweet!)
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:30 PM   #24
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
I ordered one, in Espresso, on the 18th and just got a tracking email that it's been shipped. According to Canada Post it left Canada last night at 7:18.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #25
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Just got my tracking number! Woo hoo!

I live about 3 hours from the Mississauga post office, but on the wrong side of Lake Ontario.
There's a small chance that I might have an Aura in my grubby little piddies by Saturday but Tuesday delivery is more likely.

Last edited by NNolan; 04-23-2013 at 05:53 PM.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #26
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
My opinion of Kobo has been confirmed -- they are incompetent. I ordered on the 16th, confirmed via email with a pre-charge on the cc. And then they lost my order. NO record of it. Things happen, but the poor handling of such things is inexcusable. I telephoned requesting status and was asked to wait "one minute" and the rep returned 27 minutes later with all the canned talking points. Sorry, blah, blah.

I've had customer service problems with them before (ebooks) but thought I'd give them one more try.

My mistake.

Go Amazon...
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 PM   #27
allovertheglobe
Grumpy Old Man
allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.allovertheglobe can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo, Nook Classic,Color,ST/Glow, iRex DR1000, Sony 505, REB1100&1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Dillard's is a reputable department chain that originated in Arkansas (and may still be headquartered there). I know this for a fact, since I lived in Little Rock for 31 years.

ADDED: I have no idea what, if any, relationship there is between Dillard's and Kobo.
I did not mean to imply Dillard's, I had never heard of them before but found out pretty much what you wrote when I checked online (and with my CC company) That's in part why it did not immediately alarm me.

It was clearly some individual who got ahold of the CC info, then used it at Dillard's online store, could have been Amazon etc. Since I never hand out the card, and only use it at few & reputable stores (never Dillard's) it most likely is some kind of breach at one of those, and somebody probably got a whole bunch of CC info.

Unfortunately, in a lot of states companies are not required to disclose this and obviously prefer to sweep it under the rug and let the customers and their CC companies deal with it. Due to the timing with my Kobo purchase (and submitting my CC info to them for the first time), I cautioned everybody (one should keep a close eye on all charges at all times anyway these days)
allovertheglobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #28
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I had something similar, but the person charged thousands of dollars of Apple products from several US online stores. My bank representative called when the charges came through and said that it could be an online data theft, or it could be that when I used the card in person locally, the info was stolen. The bank took care of it immediately.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:54 PM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
I had something similar, but the person charged thousands of dollars of Apple products from several US online stores. My bank representative called when the charges came through and said that it could be an online data theft, or it could be that when I used the card in person locally, the info was stolen. The bank took care of it immediately.
In January, my bank called and told me they cancelled my card because one of the sites I had used it at was hacked and they were sending a new card overnight Fedex. The replacement card arrived the next day as they said.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #30
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Wouldn't you think you'd have a right to know the outcome of such investigations involving your credit info. It seems to me the consumer should be informed as to where the problem occurred and have the right to decide whether to do business there again.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote