Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
For U.S. Buyers...

For those in the U.S. ordering the Kobo Aura HD -

So I had a very strange issue with my Kobo Aura HD purchase & am passing along info in case someone else in the U.S. is having a similar experience.

1. Pre-ordered Aura HD last Thursday (18 April) with existing Kobo account. Received 1 email for new order from Kobo, with confirmation #.
2. Checked credit card on Saturday (20 April) - no charge, no pre-authorization, no nothing! Hmmm...weird, considering I had read in another string on MR that other U.S. customers had received shipping notices and that their credit cards had been charged.
3. Placed 2nd order for Aura HD Saturday (20 April) with existing Kobo account. Received 1 email for new order from Kobo, with confirmation #.
4. Checked credit card on Sunday (21 April) - no charge, no pre-authorization, no nothing for either order!
5. Conducted online chat with Kobo customer support on Sunday (21 April). Kobo can't find any record in their system of either order! They are escalating issue to Tier 2 support to investigate.
6. Checked credit card on Monday (22 April) - no charge, no pre-authorization, no nothing for either order! By 6pm EST, no word back from Kobo Tier 2 support on the issue.
7. I called Kobo North American support - very long story short (they still couldn't see any indication of either order from last week at the time I placed the call), I set up a completely new account, with different email address than the one I used for my original account and voila! I received 2 emails immediately from Kobo - the new order email & invoice email. And even better, I kept the Kobo customer rep on the phone while I set up the new account and re-ordered - she confirmed that they can now see the 3rd order in their system!

Very weird! I can only surmise that since my original Kobo account that I used for the 1st 2 orders is over 3 years old with only 1 ebook purchase, that that has something to do with the problem???

Soooo, hopefully I will be getting my shipping email now soon! :

Hopefully this is isolated to just me and not a broader issue with Kobo's U.S. ordering system.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:30 PM   #2
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
I am also in limbo - got the order email, nothing since, no response from kobo support.

UPDATE: got the shipped email today. Shipped by Post Office.

Last edited by EldRick; 04-23-2013 at 02:17 PM.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 08:09 PM   #3
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Glad you got your order placed! I did not have that experience. I ordered on the 18th. Got my order email and the invoice email immediately and the charge on my account immediately too.

No sign of the order in my Kobo account, but I contacted customer support and they have my order. Just waiting for the shipping confirmation.

I ordered the Espresso one. I'd be curious to know the color of those who have received shipping information in the U.S.

Anyone care to share their Kobo order status and color?
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
NNolan
Compulsive Gadget Geek
NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NNolan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: One of each, and two in some cases
Ordered the Onyx on the 17th, credit card charged on the 18th, no shipping notice yet.
They were having trouble with orders through Firefox that night, so I had to do my order through the Safari browser instead.
NNolan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:30 PM   #5
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
just checked my credit card and the pre authorization shows up. But never received any email from Kobo. awaitng a chat session now. hope this is not as ugly as my kobo Vox order experience last year.

will let you know.
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #6
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldRick View Post
I am also in limbo - got the order email, nothing since, no response from kobo support.
I know how ya feel....I'd recommend you give them a call. Did you get 1 or 2 confirmation emails when you ordered?

Other than 1 ebook purchase in 2010, this is my only experience with Kobo. Not exactly starting off on the right foot. Hopefully they will "wow" me with their ereader....

Old 04-22-2013, 08:48 PM   #7
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
No sign of the order in my Kobo account, but I contacted customer support and they have my order.
Kobo customer support told me that only ebook purchases ever show up in your account purchase history, not ereaders or accessories. This leaves a lot to be desired, IMHO...
Old 04-22-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NNolan View Post
Ordered the Onyx on the 17th, credit card charged on the 18th, no shipping notice yet.
They were having trouble with orders through Firefox that night, so I had to do my order through the Safari browser instead.
That's interesting - I ordered my Aura on the 18th & 20th using Firefox....
Old 04-22-2013, 08:55 PM   #9
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
93Terp. just got off of chat with Kobo. Never received any emails from them but rep gave me my order number and I was told they would not be shipping until the 25th. Which stinks because they are shipping in Canada already.

Hope this helps everyone in the U.S
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #10
bookwurm70
Addict
bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.bookwurm70 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: eSlick, Pocketbook IQ, iPad, Kobo Aura, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob2246 View Post
93Terp. just got off of chat with Kobo. Never received any emails from them but rep gave me my order number and I was told they would not be shipping until the 25th. Which stinks because they are shipping in Canada already.

Thanks for the information! Good to know that they won't be shipping until the 25th. At least I don't have to live in suspense of getting that email until Thursday.

In the meantime, I'll get my Calibre plugins all ready to export to Kobo.
bookwurm70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:13 PM   #11
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
I was told they would not be shipping until the 25th. Which stinks because they are shipping in Canada already.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. In theory it shouldn't be shipping till the 25th in Canada either, so the rep probably would have told you the same thing even if you were calling from Canada (and you knew some had already shipped in Canada).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #12
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:

Thanks for the update. It's good to hear there were no issues with your order.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:19 PM   #13
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwurm70 View Post
In the meantime, I'll get my Calibre plugins all ready to export to Kobo.
Great idea!!
Old 04-22-2013, 09:56 PM   #14
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
It's just an odd thought, but could older accounts that haven't had the expiration date for the credit card updated be an issue?
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:21 PM   #15
93terp
Fear The Turtle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
It's just an odd thought, but could older accounts that haven't had the expiration date for the credit card updated be an issue?
In my case I didn't have a credit card on file in my original Kobo account that i used for the 2 orders that didn't go through...but I guess anything is possible!