Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM   #1
m4teiz
m4teiz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I want repurpose my old Kindle 4 as a clock.

I am trying to repurpose my old Kindle 4 as a smart clock, but i can't find any tutorials for my model. The problem is that every tutorial is either for older kindle with launchpad or kindle paperwhite with touchscreen. If you know something about this, I would really appreciate your help. Thanks!
m4teiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM   #2
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
The simplest I know is to open the Kindle web browser, type in "time.is" and just let that web cite run. It provides a fairly large clock.

You could probably write a small javascript program to show just the digital clock and use one of the tools that will run "local" websites on a kindle to run it, but I haven't tried that.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert