Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-10-2013, 10:19 AM   #1
luvydovie40
luvydovie40 doesn't litterluvydovie40 doesn't litterluvydovie40 doesn't litter

Device: NookColor & Sony 505 & Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle PW - Calibre Book Desc in 'Notes & Marks' Field?

I'm not sure where to put this question - so feel free to move it to the appropriate location - if this is the wrong place.

Just received my Paperwhite this week - and I love it except for one flaw.

When you press and hold a book - a menu pops up, and within that menu if you select 'Book Description' - it pulls up the Amazon website book listing.

I rarely have a wifi connection (unfortunatley) - so, this doesn't work for me.

Is there some way, that the 'Book Description' field in the Calibre metadata could be moved into the "View Notes & Marks" selection field that appears when you press and hold a book??.....that way I could have book descriptions without needing wifi.

(I have utilized the book catalogue - and that does work - but the above described would be so much more convenient)

(Obviously, I'm a 'newbie' and techie challanged - and this is my first Kindle - but, I was able to Jailbreak, and utilize the Collection Manager....which is AWESOME and has added so much value to my paperwhite!!)

So, is there a plug in --- or other type of way of doing as described above?

Thanks for your time!!

Last edited by luvydovie40; 01-10-2013 at 10:34 AM.
luvydovie40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the calibre book jacket feature to embed the book metadata in the book text. There's no way to make your own metadata available in notes & marks that I know of.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert