Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Vizio Android tablet $160 on Woot - Monday only

(Should have posted this earlier)

I am not a huge Vizio fan but they do make some inexpensive stuff.

Their 8" Android tablet (refurbished) is being sold on Woot for about 160 and includes a Folio holder.

I was un-sure if I would like a tablet but a friend persuaded me to get a $250 Viewsonic from Woot a few months ago. I was surprised at how quickly I came to love the thing. I keep it next to the home computer and I am going through Netflix with it. The color is much better with the Amazon Kindle app than the Kindle 2 we have. (The weight is a different issue.)

The Vizio is a 8" instead of the 10" Viewsonic so this may be the best weight/screen size compromise.

If you have been thinking about a tablet - but not wanting to go $499 for the Galaxy tab or $900 for the full iPad - this might be a low-risk way to try out a tablet and see if you like it.

http://www.woot.com/
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote