Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #36436
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Got my flu shot today .... *ouch* .... arm is beginning to get sore & stiff ....
I'll get mine next week. I planned to do it last week, but came down with a man-cold that kept me out of work several days.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #36437
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I wish they'd come up with a Dengue Fever shot... This year, Dengue has been almost epidemic in northern Thailand. We spend a small fortune in mosquito repellent.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 03:54 AM   #36438
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
On the train on the way to London for work. Maybe I should be in the Vent and Rant thread; they ran out of eggs for the breakfast. Never mind, I'll man-up and survive
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #36439
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Quote:
Got my flu shot today .... *ouch* .... arm is beginning to get sore & stiff ....
I got my flu shot yesterday also. Pinched when I got it, but haven't felt any soreness since, unlike every other year.

Which reminds me ... I've got a gripe about this subject in a way. Gotta head over to the "Vent & Rant" thread to voice it.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #36440
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Blue View Post
I got my flu shot yesterday also. Pinched when I got it, but haven't felt any soreness since, unlike every other year.

Which reminds me ... I've got a gripe about this subject in a way. Gotta head over to the "Vent & Rant" thread to voice it.
*Sigh* I need to get mine soon also.

I'm finishing off my morning coffee before the day starts.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 01:19 PM   #36441
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I need to get mine. And a pneumonia vaccine.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #36442
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
I need to get mine. And a pneumonia vaccine.
I need to get a pneumonia shot also, but they say you have to wait (6 weeks I think?) after a flu shot to get one. You can't get them too close together anyway.
Old 10-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #36443
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
I need to get a pneumonia shot also, but they say you have to wait (6 weeks I think?) after a flu shot to get one. You can't get them too close together anyway.
See, they've changed things up this year, it seems like. I had never heard the 6 week thing, but a friend of mine who got her flu shot last week said they told her either get them the same day or wait 6 weeks in between.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #36444
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
See, they've changed things up this year, it seems like. I had never heard the 6 week thing, but a friend of mine who got her flu shot last week said they told her either get them the same day or wait 6 weeks in between.
I was told by the pharmacist last year when I got my flu shot that I had to wait (several weeks at least) before getting the pneumonia shot. He told me the reason why, but I don't know how to relay what he said. It never ceases to amaze me though - the contradictory information coming from different professionals.

Anyway, I never made it back to get the shot last year. I need to remember to do it this year.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #36445
el.jeffe58
Vocophorian
el.jeffe58 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire HDX7, Voyage, PW2, Touch 3G, Fire TV
Writing a paper on vicarious trauma that is giving me secondary traumatic stress.
el.jeffe58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:14 PM   #36446
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
I was told by the pharmacist last year when I got my flu shot that I had to wait (several weeks at least) before getting the pneumonia shot. He told me the reason why, but I don't know how to relay what he said. It never ceases to amaze me though - the contradictory information coming from different professionals.

Anyway, I never made it back to get the shot last year. I need to remember to do it this year.
four or five years ago when I got mine, I got them simultaneously
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #36447
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'll get mine next week. I planned to do it last week, but came down with a man-cold that kept me out of work several days.
Update: My doctor's office called then morning about my upcoming annual examination in two weeks. I'll get it then. Hopefully they'll have the 4-strain shot.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #36448
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
!!! I just noticed your signature line, you lost your Mom!? oh sweetie, hugs!
Thanks Kitten. And sorry for the belated reply... guess I've been trying to avoid talking about it.

Anyway, right now I'm playing with my new internet connection. Had been borrowing my aunt's internet from next door, but it couldn't quite take the strain.

Last edited by Dylrob; 10-05-2013 at 08:40 PM.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:48 AM   #36449
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Painting my nails (light blue, "holographic")
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 06:30 AM   #36450
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Just woke up. Enjoying the cold weather. Hope it stays for awhile. The rain was much needed yesterday.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?