Notices

Old 08-26-2008, 05:27 AM   #1
JimBob1971
Enthusiast
JimBob1971 began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad v2
Iliad froze. On restart no Mobipockets books

Hi, quick question.

My Iliad (latest f/w) froze recently. I was on a train, and couldn't remember how to reset it, so I just let the battery die.

On restart things were immediately odd- My recent documents always featured 4 certain books at the top, even if I opened other books. I finally fixed this by opening the 4 books in question, which seemed to allow other books to go to the top.

Anyway, now I've noticed that my mobipockets books are not read from CF card! (I've checked, they are all there). Any tips? I should point out that I created the CF card shortcut on c: drive, so that in books I can simply hit 'books on CF card' to go there. (Any chance this could have messed up? Was working for ages - I believe I found it on here)

EDIT:SCRATCH THIS - now working for some reason. I deleted a folder .US-EN that had suddenly appeared, and it seems to work.... hmmm

Last edited by JimBob1971; 08-26-2008 at 05:36 AM.
JimBob1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:50 AM   #2
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimBob1971 View Post
On restart things were immediately odd- My recent documents always featured 4 certain books at the top, even if I opened other books. I finally fixed this by opening the 4 books in question, which seemed to allow other books to go to the top.
When you read a book, the iLiad marks it with a timestamp. It uses those timestamps to sort the "recent documents" list. Sometimes the timestamps get out of whack. I've never had it happen, and have only read about it a couple times, but if a book gets marked with a timestamp in the future for some reason it'll basically become "stuck" at the top of the list. Even if you open other books that get a current timestamp on them, the "future" book will still appear on the top. Opening those 4 books again probably reset their timestamps to the real current time, so that other books could then move to the top. I wonder if something during the freeze caused the clock to get out of sync.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert