Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #1
P4nda
P4nda began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Simply Not Working [Paperwhite]

[Paperwhite, Calibre]

Hey everyone; sorry to mooch off this forum but I've done about as much as I can.

I'll get right to it: everything I do simply doesn't work.

I plug in my Paperwhite
Open Calibre
Add books
Navigate to books (I've tried both .mobi and .pdf- both of which are compatible)
Select the book
Wait for it to be sent to Calibre's library
Find it in the library
Send to device
Send to main memory

Then it loads, says it's done, I eject, but nothing new is shown in my Paperwhite's library.

Alternatively I have tried:

Plug in Paperwhite
Open library through computer documents
Go to documents (where book memory is stored)
-
Open separate window
My computer
Locate folder where I have downloaded books
Drag files from that folder to the Paperwhite documents folder

And it loads, says it's done, I eject, but nothing new is shown in the library.
I have read through the guide that comes with Calibre, but it has seemingly nothing to help my problem.

Thanks a ton for all help in advance
P4nda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
After you eject, wait, the Kindle takes time to scan new books and make them available.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
rascalina
rascalina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rascalina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rascalina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rascalina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rascalina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rascalina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rascalina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rascalina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rascalina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rascalina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rascalina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
After you eject, wait, the Kindle takes time to scan new books and make them available.
You are so right Kovid . I transferred like 800 books and then panicked coz they didn't show up immediately. Left it for about an hour (not on purpose but it just so happened to work out that way) and they were all there. Phew
rascalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
P4nda

So just plug in the Kindle,
Select the books in Calibre,
Send to main memory,
And wait like an hour or so?

Thanks, I'll try it out
Old 01-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #5
P4nda

Gah, I transfered 3 books, ejected, and waited about 3 hours before unplugging and still no books.

Any other ideas? I'm open to anything.

Is it really this difficult usually? I feel like it would be simple to just drag files onto my Paperwhite, but it's not going so hot, lol.