Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet, Kindle Paperwhite
Series doubts

Hi boys and girls!

I'm finally starting to import books into my Calibre library and cataloguing them in the most accurate way I can..
I recently downloaded a lot of comics impossible to find here in Italy (so I have to read them in english!!, but that's another question) and I'm unsure about how to fill series and titles field..
I'll show you an example.
I downloaded the American Vampire comics series: 'till now I have 25 single comics book; I'll use the first issue: American Vampire #1 - Big Break / Bad Bloods, by Scott Snyder & Rafael Albuquerque.
So, authors field is easy; the series and the series number field is also eas to set; where I miss is the title one: I'm pretty unsure if I have to use as title the titles of the stories (or a single story, in others issues) - so Big Break / Bad Bloods - or if I have to also use here the American Vampire data again..
To be honest I', using the second option, that I find more complete; so the title is something like that:
Code:
American Vampire #1 - Big Break / Bad Bloods
Maybe it's a little redundant, but - as I said - it looks more complete to my eyes.. what do you think about?
If you were on me, what would you do?

Thanks a lot!!
brainvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@brainvision -

If you search in this thread (Library Management) for 'comics', 'magazines' and 'newsletters' I think you'll find some useful ideas.

cheers BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:34 AM   #3
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet, Kindle Paperwhite
hi BetterRed

thanks for your suggestion: I'll follow it soon!
brainvision is offline   Reply With Quote