Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-24-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung tab 3 & Nook Simple Touch with Glow light
Additional Catalog Indicator Request

About a year and a half ago, I petitioned for a 'Wish List' symbol in the Catalog, and my 'wish' (pun intended) was granted by GRiker
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=107686

Since then my Catalog needs have evolved as follows:
(1) I track 'read' books: well handled by the Catalog and indicated by the '+' sign.
(2) I track books I own, either paperback, hardback or ebooks. I have twisted the "Wish List" concept to accommodate this and the Catalog generates the 'X' to indicate this.

(3) Finally, now I have a new need: to track public library books that are, or will become available to me.
When I book shop I don't care to buy books that are available in my various libraries.

Obviously any book that does not meet any of the above three criteria, will be unmarked and thus on my shopping list.

For this third area, (3) I am requesting a nearly duplicate coding of either the Wish List or Read indicators and an additional symbol, like a 'O' to be outputted to the Catalog. This additional versatility would be much appreciated.
Tom SKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I will look into this, but it's not a simple change, and it's not something that I would be able to work on in the near term.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #3
Tom SKP
Connoisseur
Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom SKP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
I will look into this, but it's not a simple change, and it's not something that I would be able to work on in the near term.

G
Yup. I'm sure it looks like simply duplicating a few lines of code, to those unskilled people like me

Thanks for the consideration
Old 07-27-2012, 05:58 AM   #4
Stampercam
Connoisseur
Stampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to beholdStampercam is a splendid one to behold

Device: ipad, MiGear
Tom, have you considered the reading list plugin? I use it and have it tag books on the list. I can then see the tags in the catalog. Will this do what you are after?
Stampercam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 AM   #5
Tom SKP
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampercam View Post
Tom, have you considered the reading list plugin? I use it and have it tag books on the list. I can then see the tags in the catalog. Will this do what you are after?
I'm not familair with that plugin. When I get a spare moment I'll check it out to see if it buys me time before a my hopeful change request to Catalog comes along.
Thanks for the thought
Old 07-31-2012, 10:39 AM   #6
GRiker
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
I'm not familair with that plugin. When I get a spare moment I'll check it out to see if it buys me time before a my hopeful change request to Catalog comes along.
Thanks for the thought
I think there's some confusion here with terminology. The Reading List plugin works with your library (or database, if you prefer). The Catalog feature creates ebooks from your library. The Reading List does not directly influence the creation of catalogs, other than perhaps presenting a subset of your library that you wish to catalog.

@TomSKP, I am making (slow) progress on the changes necessary to support an arbitrary number of prefixes.

G
Old 08-03-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
Tom SKP
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
I think there's some confusion here with terminology. The Reading List plugin works with your library (or database, if you prefer). The Catalog feature creates ebooks from your library. The Reading List does not directly influence the creation of catalogs, other than perhaps presenting a subset of your library that you wish to catalog.

@TomSKP, I am making (slow) progress on the changes necessary to support an arbitrary number of prefixes.

G
I did download the Reading List and saw that it was not what I wished for.

Thanks for your work toward multiple Catalog prefixes
Old 08-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #8
GRiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom SKP View Post
I did download the Reading List and saw that it was not what I wished for.

Thanks for your work toward multiple Catalog prefixes
It's coming along…

G
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Prefix rules for catalog.png
Views:	263
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	90192