Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 07-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Haim_gds
Haim_gds began at the beginning.

Device: [M92] Onyx boox note
extremely slow response when using SD card

OK, I know the M92 is really slow but when I start using SD card (2GB) for saving books it became impossible for using. flipping a page take about 7 seconds and loading file take more then a minute!
is there something i should check before i'll try calling the support?

Anyway, i must admitted the M92 is probably the worst system I've ever encounter. I'm designing embedded systems for a living and working with ARM9-M3, I never worked with a system so slow like that one.
Haim_gds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #2
FMP
Enthusiast
FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!FMP , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: m92
I have around 6GB worth of mainly pdf files under a directory in my SD card and have no such problem. The only delay is of a few seconds when I first change into that directory, and this only happened after the directory got bigger than 1GB.
FMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2013, 07:55 AM   #3
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
@Haim_gds : could you put here a file, we can test test it ?

In the setup, there is an option to sort the files by filename or using the metadata. This second option make the access longer.

If you use only the internal memory (with the SD removed), have you the same problem for all your files ?
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
Haim_gds

I think 7 seconds for a page is far more from reasonable access time for the metadata file. for me it is unacceptable for a modern reader.

When I use only the internal memory its faster, loading file take about 4-5 seconds usually.
Old 07-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
crazydog
error
crazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toyscrazydog shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle Keyboard, M92
I never had that issue till yesterday. Re- inserting SD Card fixed the issue.

@Haim_gds
I think it's not related to the pdf file but to the file system on sd card. If I were you I would try:
- format to fat32
- shrink partition size
- have a look in serial console and mount manually
- or simply try another SD card
crazydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2013, 01:30 PM   #6
Haim_gds

I've found the solution, removing and re-inserting back the card a few time did the trick. I'm having much debut for my system's stability.

BTW, another problem now, when connecting the reader (with the memory card inside the M92) it freeze my computer totally now. after finishing reading last week a can not load anything...