Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-25-2013, 05:15 AM   #1
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
PocketBook Touch2 Lux with front lit screen announced

Today PocketBook has demonstrated a few new devices.
An 8 inch PocketBook color Lux has already been reported in the news section.

I am much more interested in the new PocketBook Touch with HD screen and a front-light.

http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...-russia-video/

And the original Russian article
http://www.the-ebook.org/?p=17258

Google translation of the new article
translate.google.com/translate?sl=ru&tl=en&prev=_t&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http://www.the-ebook.org/%3Fp%3D17258
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Uh-oh! Maybe converting all the images to grayscale in pbimageviewer.app wasn't as smart as I thought it was.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
I like it very much! I still think it is a tad too thick, and I would have preferred a 5" device, though it looks like providers are not interested, and this device, with the great Pocketbook firmware, looks really like a winner!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
If you really want a basic 5" device
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 03:14 AM   #5
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by troll05 View Post
If you really want a basic 5" device
Are you trolling here, Troll5 ... HaaaAAAAAA?!?

Just kidding.
txtr Beagle is a horrible, *horrible* choice. Especially for someone that is used to the vast number of options on PocketBook.
Trekstor Pyrus Mini would be a much better choice, and for a very reasonable price as well.

Paola owns Kobo Mini, so she doesn't need to purchase a reader that is totally, utterly, completely devoid of any user configurable options. And the one that needs an expensive Android device to just load the book.
txtr beagle could have been an interesting option as an extremely cheap add-on for an expensive Android phone. But it seems that txtr didn't manage to persuade any provider to bundle them.

By the way, PocketBook does sell a "Swan song" version of the legendary PB360. If it had a front lit screen I would be willing to pay very high price for it.
And they have a sale for the PB 360° Plus Red on Russian page.
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/ru/pro...k-360-plus-new
Very tempting ...
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2013, 04:12 AM   #6
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
nice one Troll

seriously, switching to the Kobo was a necessity, and frustrating when you are used to multitasking and all the nice PB features - but with the main three players it looks like that is the way they do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
By the way, PocketBook does sell a "Swan song" version of the legendary PB360. If it had a front lit screen I would be willing to pay very high price for it.
And they have a sale for the PB 360° Plus Red on Russian page.
http://www.pocketbook-int.com/ru/pro...k-360-plus-new
Very tempting ...
yes indeed, but after resigning myself to less customization, I've also got used to the Mini screen, which is much better than the PB's. Couple that I would have to rely on google translate, and it is just not worth it for me. As illumination becomes standard, I wonder whether it will take a long time before we see a glowing 5". I am hopeful!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote