Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 07-04-2012, 07:47 AM   #46
nwx
nwx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3
I wanna to buy e-ink tablet as well! Who cares this technology is slow and has just one color now? To see dithered web pages or work with some progs it is not a prob. E-ink is best technology to protect our eyes, when reading. Best technology to enlarge stamina of the device. Not LCD, but E-ink is the future, by my opinion. LCD is obsolete technology, E-ink will be improved soon. When people will feel fed up of colors just for colors, they would realize where are real values. Device that holds 4 weeks per one charging, device readable on direct sun, device that protect our eyes. To read information is E-ink the best tech ever.
nwx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #47
Mujokan
Connoisseur
Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mujokan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwx View Post
Device that holds 4 weeks per one charging
I guess the main reason e-ink tablets are low energy is that you don't have to supply charge to maintain an image on the screen, and when you are reading a book you don't refresh that much.

However, for other uses where you have to refresh the screen often (many times a second for video) the energy cost has to be higher. A rooted e-ink tablet battery doesn't last so long if you are e.g. playing a card game and refreshing once a second. On top of that, many common applications have a lot more processor usage than a book reader, which has to be paid for in battery life.
Mujokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-12-2012, 09:07 AM   #48
BlackVoid
Evangelist
BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BlackVoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
You need one of these:
http://www.mirasoldisplays.com/

It is not e-ink, but a new display technology. Current readers are 5.7" only, I am waiting for a tablet with this display.
BlackVoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:27 AM   #49
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
The most recent update on that page is from December 2011, and is to discuss the Kyobo reader, which has now been discontinued.
Mirasol is not looking healthy, at the moment.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 10:43 AM   #50
wedwo
wedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheesewedwo can extract oil from cheese

Device: B&N Nook Simple Touch
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadmus View Post
I want an eInk tablet!!!!!
I love my rooted Barnes and Noble Nook Simple Touch running Android. I totally agree that there is room for eink 'tablets'. I use my device for reading mostly including reading news / forums on the web. eInk beats LCD hands down for lower eye strain... add to that the fact that I hardly have to think of charging, and I'm very happy with it.

Now I just want the glowlight model.

It's such a pity nobody is making a purpose built eink tablet. As for those who say it's a waste because you can't watch movies or play animations or sounds on it, well that's what battery hungry LCD tabs are for. I use mine for reading.
wedwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert