Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-07-2009, 04:40 PM   #1
0157h7
0157h7 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Just a thought for new firmware

I know it was mentioned in the dictionary thread that Sony checks this site, so I thought I would throw this out there. When doing audio playback an option for sorting by album would be nice. As it stands you can sort by artist or song.

This is not a major deal as I do not use it for this purpose a lot, but it seems like that might be an easy upgrade, and for me as I always browse by album and listen to a whole album, it would be phenomenal.
0157h7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Sounds good.. though I would really like to have the ability to play mp3 and read at the same time. I think it's bad design the fact that you can't do that now because it would be nice listening to some Beethoven's while reading.
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:48 PM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.astrologo View Post
Sounds good.. though I would really like to have the ability to play mp3 and read at the same time. I think it's bad design the fact that you can't do that now because it would be nice listening to some Beethoven's while reading.
I can listen to music and read at the same time on my PRS700. What seems to be the problem.

You can set the repeat to "Off", "1 Song" or "All Songs" and turn the "Shuffle On or off.

WDE.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 04-07-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #4
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
Quote:
Originally Posted by el.astrologo View Post
start MP3, options, Continue reading
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 02:41 AM   #5
mos
Addict
mos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it ismos knows what time it is

Device: iphone 4, iPad, Nook softrooted
I'd like to have a language pack, so that you can pick the menu in your own language.
mos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 07:08 PM   #6
ziobleed
ziobleed began at the beginning.

Device: still nothing
if you set a zoom level and change the page, the zoom remains
ziobleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:56 AM   #7
lordsilent
Enthusiast
lordsilent began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
the last 2 posts are gold
lordsilent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 03:35 AM   #8
ziobleed
ziobleed began at the beginning.

Device: still nothing
chm support?
ziobleed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
danegeld
Enthusiast
danegeld is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-700
My 700 is the first piece of Sony hardware I've bought in a very long time (I used to own nothing but Sony, but got disgusted with the falling quality and user-hostile corporate attitude). How likely is it that we'll ever see a firmware update? I'd really like to switch over to ePub files instead of the proprietary LRF, but the 700 doesn't support justification for ePub. I read that Adobe has fixed the problem in their software, but it doesn't do any good until Sony updates the firmware.
danegeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:07 AM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do agree that Sony/Adobe should update ADE for the 505 & 700. But when that happens, who knows.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:11 PM   #11
netseeker
sleepless reader
netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.netseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, PB 360° & 302, nook wi-fi, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
But when that happens, who knows.
Unfortunetely. Their information politics is really bad compared to other manufacturers. Bookeen blogs at least sometimes about their progress with firmware updates.
netseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 01:19 PM   #12
anyone
Enthusiast
anyone began at the beginning.

Device: none
I would like to see the current time on the bottom bar when i flip the page. So i know its time to sleep while reading in bed.

Dictionary function is a must have too..
anyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:37 AM   #13
el.astrologo
Groupie
el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.el.astrologo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-700BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyone View Post
I would like to see the current time on the bottom bar when i flip the page. So i know its time to sleep while reading in bed.

Dictionary function is a must have too..
I wouldn't worry so much about the clock because I bet that as soon as a firmware image is available we'll be able to use the hack for it... I notice that there are several functions that people here want for the new firmware that can be done through hacks (at least for the prs50x series) though it would be nice if there were no need for us to hack our unit to get a clock here and a multilanguage UI there...
el.astrologo is offline   Reply With Quote