Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-06-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
crdf
Connoisseur
crdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle Touch
Regexp for author name: No switching and no comma, how?

Hi guys I'm trying to find a regexp for the following

author names - [series name 0x] - title. file ext

Any regexp I use switches the author names. Example:

Greg Cox - [Underworld 01] - Underworld (v1.6) (mobi).mobi

will be:

Author: Cox Greg
Series: [ Underworld
Series Index: 01
Title: Underworld (v1.6)

Questions:

1. How to NOT switch first and second name
2. How to remove [ from series
3. How to remove info in brackets (v1.6)

Expressions tried:

(?P<author>((?!\s-\s).)*)\s-(?:\s((?P<series>.+) (?P<series_index>\d+)((?!\s-\s).)*)\s-)?\s(?P<title>.*)

(?P<author>[^_-]+) -?\s*(?P<series>[^_0-9-]*)(?P<series_index>[0-9]*)\s*-\s*(?P<title>[^_].+) ?

Variations for author taken from other expressions as:
(?P<author>[^_]+)
(?P<author>.+)
(?P<author>((?!\s-\s).)*)\s
and others....

Thank you
crdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:01 PM   #2
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
This should work:

(?P<author>.+)\s-\s\[(?P<series>.+)\s(?P<series_index>\d+)\]\s-\s(?P<title>.+)\s(\(.+\)\s)+

But I usually just add the whole filename to title, and afterwards use Edit metadata in bulk to do some search and replace to populate the other fields and trim unwanted stuff.. I find that to be much faster and safer than trying to adjust the regexp to read metadata from the filename, when it gets complicated. You can even squirrel away the whole original filename to a custom field for future use.

The author first and last name most likely does not switch due to this regexp. But there is a checkbox in the dialog, where you set the regexp, for switching firstname and lastname. Make sure it is unchecked. Otherwise you could have a tweak active that cause this. Try setting the defaults for all tweaks regarding author and author_sort to see if you can find what the problem is.

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/customize.html#tweaks

Last edited by Adoby; 08-06-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
crdf
Connoisseur
crdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animalscrdf is kind to children and small, furry animals

Thanks Abody,

I like how it works with the series info. I don't mind it being into the titles field but the author name is still switched. I would like if I don't have to edit after adding of the books.

Gonna check the link now ...

Quote:
The author first and last name most likely does not switch due to this regexp
In this case the problem is that it switches. I don't like names sorted by surname and the name is correct in the file.

Edit 1:

I think I found it. I haven't been in the tweaks before.

The author sort name was comma, which uses copy when there is comma and otherwise inverts the name. Changed it to copy. Gonna see now it that works

Edit 2:

No, that is for author name sort. Not for the name

Last edited by crdf; 08-06-2013 at 05:13 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:06 PM   #4
crdf
Connoisseur

Ops. Post 4 for deleting
Old 08-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #5
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It doesn't switch for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adoby View Post
But there is a checkbox in the dialog, where you set the regexp, for switching firstname and lastname. Make sure it is unchecked.
I added the above, not sure if you saw it.
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #6
crdf
Connoisseur

Quote:
It doesn't switch for me.

I added the above, not sure if you saw it.
A face-slap moment!

So obvious! Thank you so much.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:27 PM   #7
Adoby
Handy Elephant

Easy to miss, I don't think I've seen that checkbox ever before today...
Old 08-06-2013, 05:37 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Easy to miss, I don't think I've seen that checkbox ever before today...
I have seen it before. But...

I always wondered on how it functioned:
My (default) Author view is Fn Ln
But sometimes a book contains Ln, Fn

Does it ALWAYS flip or does it follow the Tweak setting and conditionally invoke itself when needed?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #9
crdf
Connoisseur

I'm sure I've seen it before but I'm lacking a lot of sleep.

I found the regexp to remove the [ bracket from the series info in another topic: /post 09-24-2010, 04:29 AM/ Credit to: megachirops

Code:
(?P<author>((?!\s-\s).)+)\s-\s(?:(?:\[\s*)?(?P<series>.+)\s(?P<series_index>\d+)(?:\s*\])?\s-\s)?(?P<title>[^(]+)(?:\(.*\))?

The Ducks when there is no comma it was flipping the name from Greg Cox to Cox Greg.
The Tweak setting is about the sort name and it did not affect the author name in the title and the importing of the name, so I guess that is why it is a separate setting.

Ok, so I changed the tweak for author_sort_name to 'copy' and unchecked the swap author's names. Looking at the metadata of a book the sort name is swapped with a coma.

Quote:
# Author sort name algorithm
author_sort_copy_method = 'copy'
Author(s): Anne McCaffrey Author sort: McCaffrey, Anne

I'm really no sure if that answers your question.

Edit: If author is Cox, Greg it does not invert and Author sort is: Austen, Jane

Last edited by crdf; 08-06-2013 at 06:05 PM. Reason: More Info

Tags
author name order, regexp, regexp author