Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #256
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by amian View Post
ok i figured out how to find the database name... and i was also able to run the X-Ray feature, only one problem... i am not able to see the wikipedia entry even though i added the url in the x-ray generator.. i can see the details of the people.. but not the first entry that says wikipedia info.. that is the info in general related to the book..!!
Can you tell us which Wikipedia page, and which section you are expecting to appear?
mjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #257
jeffsui
jeffsui began at the beginning.

Device: kindle pw
This is more or less the same process I do. Its annoying but it works and that's important! Its unfortunate there isn't a way to send a "bundle" to amazon instead of a single file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gers1978 View Post
I've got it working, here are my thoughts:

I use Calibre to email all my books via Amazon Personal Docs, so I can make use of Last Page Read Sync between Paperwhite, iPad and iPhone. This means that after I send them, the ASIN changes.

To get it working what I do I send the book as normal, then on my PW/iPhone/iPad, I have the book, with last page read syncing working fine.

I then plug in my PW via USB, and use Mobi Meta Editor to check the ASIN that Calibre assigned it when I emailed it. I then drag the .azw from the PW documents folder into Calibre, and use your plugin to generate the XRay .asc file. I then put this in the .sdr folder, and XRay works fine on the PW, and Last Page Read Sync still works across my 3 devices.

I can't help thinking there must be an easier way!

Also, I noticed the following thing when looking at the XRay file, specifically when I choose "Wikipedia Info":

Note the weird:

ad> loc.2>

Also, wouldn't it be possible to the Shelfari and/or Wikipedia lookup automatically, based on the book title/ISBN/etc in Calibre?
jeffsui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 04:15 PM   #258
zoorakhan
zoorakhan began at the beginning.

Device: ipad 2
Can it be manipulated to work on ipad kindle app ?

Kinda a pipe dream I guess, but just asking. But seems nice people are saying it is working in paperwhite.

Anyways here is file directory structure in kindle ipad app

kindle
Quote:
- Documents
- Kindle.app
- Library
- tmp
In Kindle -> Kindle.app
Quote:
-AnnotationModel.momd
-BookData.momd
-CommonJavaScripts
-KcrBookData.momd
-KindleCloudReader
-KindleExt
-LangData
-MetricData.momd
-SC_Info
-_CodeSignature
-acx
-de.lproj
-en.lproj
- and bunch of files with .proj attached after 2 alphabets (language files probably as they are named es,fr,it,ja,pt
-pt_PT.lproj
zh_CN.lproj

In Kindle -> Kindle.app -> KindleExt
Quote:
- EndActions.bundle
- TOSBundle.bundle
- XRAY.bundle
In Kindle -> Kindle.app -> KindleExt -> XRAY.bundle
Quote:
- Xray.storyboardc
- XrayPhone.storyboardc

In both these foldder there a bunch of nib files and one plist files
zoorakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 01:27 AM   #259
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoorakhan View Post
Kinda a pipe dream I guess, but just asking. But seems nice people are saying it is working in paperwhite.

Anyways here is file directory structure in kindle ipad app
If you're wondering about getting the X-Ray files to work on the iPhone/iPad app, the file goes in [Kindle App Folder]/Library/ACX.
File needs to be named XRAY.entities.ASIN.asc.

Has worked fine for me so far.
Ephemerality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 08:08 AM   #260
zoorakhan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephemerality View Post
If you're wondering about getting the X-Ray files to work on the iPhone/iPad app, the file goes in [Kindle App Folder]/Library/ACX.
I don't have a folder by that name. So I need to create it right ?

Quote:
File needs to be named XRAY.entities.ASIN.asc.
So whatever the .asc file is generated by the plugin output folder I need to enter the ASIN of the said book in the filename one by one. Correct ? And I just need to transfer just the .asc files only ?

Also the xray files aren't generating because of that alias requirement. I know these are necessary for plug in to function correctly in this version but when I point to just a blank text file (i don't need the aliases) it gives the same error. Do Alias files have to be of a particular file extension and have some text in a particular format ?

Sorry for the noobish questions.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:48 AM   #261
Ephemerality
Addict
Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ephemerality ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I don't have a folder by that name. So I need to create it right ?

So whatever the .asc file is generated by the plugin output folder I need to enter the ASIN of the said book in the filename one by one. Correct ? And I just need to transfer just the .asc files only ?
Yes, you would take the .asc file and rename it. You should be able to create the ACX folder, mine already had one.

I can't answer your questions about the plugin though, I wrote the standalone application so that is what I use for mine.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:51 PM   #262
mjwilson
Connoisseur
mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjwilson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Also the xray files aren't generating because of that alias requirement. I know these are necessary for plug in to function correctly in this version but when I point to just a blank text file (i don't need the aliases) it gives the same error. Do Alias files have to be of a particular file extension and have some text in a particular format ?
Sorry about that, I'll do a new version that doesn't need the aliases file. I thought if you pointed it a text file that it would just work, it shouldn't mind about the extension.
Old 06-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #263
zoorakhan

I dunno but adding the ACX folder made my books disappear. Will wait for my paperwhite to arrive to test this. thanks for taking the time to address my question fellas.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #264
mjwilson
Connoisseur

New plugin version. I think the following list of changes is correct:

* Updated to 0.62 of KindleUnpack.
* Works OK if you don't specify an aliases filename.
* You can now leave the 'unpack directory' blank, and the plugin will create a temporary directory and delete it afterwards.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plugin_xray_generator.zip (65.7 KB, 491 views)
Old 06-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #265
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
THANK YOU for your time and work on this plugin. Much appreciated
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:26 PM   #266
zoorakhan

I know I must be doing something wrong but kinda at a loss as to what.

Code:
XRAY generation failed...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 209, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 252, in _generate_xray
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 538, in rawml
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\vin\\Desktop\\0000 inbox\\inbox\\mobi7\\td1neocaltmpfmt.rawml'

I dunno why I thought maybe the error was occuring because I conversion settings were old type of mobi, converted them to new type and this was the result
Code:
Generating XRay for inbox
Loading Shelfari...
Loading Wikipedia...
Parsing book...

XRAY generation failed...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 209, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 252, in _generate_xray
  File "calibre_plugins.xray_generator.xrayaction", line 538, in rawml
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'c:\\users\\vin\\appdata\\local\\temp\\tmpdy3n_j\\mobi7\\ogksofcaltmpfmt.rawml'

Last edited by zoorakhan; 06-19-2013 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Experimenring with Converting mobi to new type
Old 06-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #267
caburepub
caburepub began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
procedure

can someone outline the entire process please? i used the generator and use the java version to do the azw3 file. i generate the xray entry and copy the update file and the xray entry into the sdr folder? all i get is x-ray info not available.

what am i doing wrong?

thank you
caburepub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 04:17 PM   #268
Ephemerality
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by caburepub View Post
can someone outline the entire process please? i used the generator and use the java version to do the azw3 file. i generate the xray entry and copy the update file and the xray entry into the sdr folder? all i get is x-ray info not available.

what am i doing wrong?

thank you
There should be a 2-letter code at the bottom to indicate what went wrong.

Also, for the sake of it since the separate thread was merged, my stand-alone x-ray app is located here for anyone who would prefer to use that.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:03 AM   #269
zimmey
zimmey began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperweight
Big thank you to the three devs (web,cmd,plugin)

mjwilson - can you explain the aliases format, is it identical to the cmd version? It had complained when I tried importing an alias file I created for the cmd.

Is it (with the pipe):

John Smith|John,Johnny,J-Dog

Otherwise, it is a dream. It might be good to put out "XRAY File Complete.", or something in the log. It ends with "Parsing book..." which makes it appear to still be working.

Thank you again, its working great on my books, Love the loc's. DD

Zim
zimmey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #270
zimmey
zimmey began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperweight
Another couple quick bug reports.

mjwilson - If you fail to enter a folder for the xray, it fails without notice. Would it be possible to default to the books location in the calibre library?

Ephemerality - I couldn't get the system to read a custom alias file. If I selected 'No' on generate alias file, it errored out. This is the case even if I was using a previously generated alias.
zimmey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, kindle tools, x-ray