Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 03:50 AM   #1
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Remove underline from links in epub

Hi,

I've tried these two codes in the css override box to remove the blue hyperlink and underline but they aren't working.

a {text-decoration: none; color: black;}
a href {text-decoration: none; color: black;}

Am I using the wrong codes? Or do I need to add the css to the epub file?

I'd appreciate any and all help,

Thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind! I found the answer. I needed to use this code instead.

a {text-decoration: none; color: black;}
a [href] {text-decoration: none; color: black;}

Last edited by Amalthia; 09-16-2010 at 03:53 AM. Reason: found answer
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 12:56 PM   #2
Ahriman
Ahriman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle for Android
It doesn't work for me. I go to Preferences>User Stylesheet and copy your text and it still doesn't work
Ahriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2014, 01:00 PM   #3
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
with some readers you have to completely remove the <a>.....</a> tags to stop the blue underlines from showing
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 06:37 PM   #4
Ahriman

How to do that? I am not very skilled in stuff like that, but this is very annoying
Old 02-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #5
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman View Post
I go to Preferences>User Stylesheet and copy your text and it still doesn't work
Try
Code:
a:link, a:link * {
  color: #000 !important;
  text-decoration: none !important;
}
Sometimes the link elements may contain child elements which are styled instead of the links themselves. It just depends on how the particular html was written. Example:
Code:
<a href="file1.html" class="toc"><span class="blue"><span class="underline">Acknowledgments</span></span></a>
The span styles will override the parent link styles.

Last edited by JimmyR; 02-09-2014 at 08:16 PM.
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2014, 02:07 AM   #6
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman View Post
How to do that? I am not very skilled in stuff like that, but this is very annoying
get skilled or get help. each book is different, there are no shortcuts.

On my Sony devices, anything that is in <a> tags will appear as blue underline, none of the solutions posted here will over-ride that. Other devices may behave differently but for Sony, the only fix is to strip out the <a> tags with calibre editor or Sigil, or learn to live with it.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:41 AM   #7
Ahriman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
Try
Code:
a:link, a:link * {
  color: #000 !important;
  text-decoration: none !important;
}
Sometimes the link elements may contain child elements which are styled instead of the links themselves. It just depends on how the particular html was written. Example:
Code:
<a href="file1.html" class="toc"><span class="blue"><span class="underline">Acknowledgments</span></span></a>
The span styles will override the parent link styles.
Thank you! It worked!