Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 02:08 PM   #46
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

Device: Aztak Mentor
So it's still going to be March. If they ship Feb 26th (or 28th, no difference), we will still get it in March...
zetareticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #47
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Device: Apple iPad
Well, they say the "week" of February 26th and the 26th is a Friday so maybe a little earlier. I wouldn't count on it.
paulckennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #48
zetareticuli
Addict
zetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litterzetareticuli doesn't litter

I am just going to expect it in March. If we get it sooner, great. If not, March it is. I just hope it is early March.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:04 PM   #49
paulckennedy
Addict
paulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-bookspaulckennedy has learned how to read e-books

Same here.

Oh, don't expect an SDK before the end of the year. Maybe we can influence Entourage with a set of SDK wish list topics.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #50
loyalist
loyalist began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
I too am very excited and antsy to recieve an Edge, its exactly what I need for taking notes in my college classes. Unfortunately though I didn't order until Jan 31 so I most likely won't be recieving mine until at least April.
loyalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 07:43 PM   #51
paulckennedy
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by loyalist View Post
I too am very excited and antsy to recieve an Edge, its exactly what I need for taking notes in my college classes. Unfortunately though I didn't order until Jan 31 so I most likely won't be recieving mine until at least April.
Sorry. Feel for ya.

Old 02-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #52
zetareticuli
Addict

I really want that SDK. Definitely should put together a list. Do you guys think other companies will model devices after the edge?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:19 PM   #53
paulckennedy
Addict

I don't know about model like it necessarily.

Too many companies are trying for a single screen concept.

I like the basic layout of the Edge and I really do think that the Edge will stay pretty unique for some time to come. Everyone is going to try to emulate the iPad.

I plan to develop to the Android implementation model suggested by the Edge. I will try to keep my concepts seperated enough that I can incorporate them into the other plethera of Android devices on the market while still leveraging the strength of the combined hardware concept of the Edge.

That is my goal. Like I said in the beginning, I like the Edge now. I used to be a devoted Kindle user until the Edge concept came out. Hopefully, the Edge will work out but I am after the Android concept not the device.
Old 02-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #54
zetareticuli
Addict

I just hope the SDK comes out sooner rather than later. The sooner it comes out, the more attractive the edge can be made to consumers. The strongest selling point of the Apple iphone is the number of applications that exist for it.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #55
mgm1979
Zealot
mgm1979 is on a distinguished road

Device: Entourage eDGe
Ordered one for myself AND the fiance on 12/4...its been a long wait, but I'm eager. We both got the midnight blue models b/c I figure I can get a "skinit" for mine or something. (I emailed them about making something specific for the eDGe but haven't heard back from them yet).

Feel like a kid on xmas eve...and xmas eve is gonna be a WHOLE month long! (sigh)
mgm1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #56
zetareticuli
Addict

I would not count on receiving the eDGe before the first week of March if you are on the Feb list. Which means that those who are on the March list will probably receive it late March or early April.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:58 AM   #57
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kobo Aura One (formerly: Asus Eee Note, enTourage eDGe EE, Nokia N810)
Since we're set to travel out of the country as of March 1, I emailed support to ask whether I could count on receiving the device by Feb. 26, or whether to make alternate arrangements to have someone local receive it and ship to where we'll be staying. (Hubby pre-ordered in Dec. for me as an xmas present)

I was told to make other arrangements, so it's probably safe to say that they are targeting Fri. Feb 26 (or thereabouts) as the ship date for those of us who ordered before the Jan. 12 deadline.

And yes, I shelled out the $40 for red - pretty much the only colour I would have paid extra for. At least I won't get mine mixed up with all of yours!
sarah11918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #58
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast
sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.sarah11918 can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm1979 View Post
We both got the midnight blue models b/c I figure I can get a "skinit" for mine or something.
You are an evil, evil poster! Do you know how many hours I've wasted looking at Macbook skins? It never even occurred to me to look re: eDGe as well. . .
Old 02-05-2010, 09:13 AM   #59
zetareticuli
Addict

Hi Sarah, that reinforces what I suspected that we still won't receive it until the first week of March... I guess when they said "ships in Feb 2010", everyone assumed it will be early Feb when it in fact meant the end of the month...
Old 02-08-2010, 07:25 AM   #60
sarah11918
Tablet Enthusiast

OK, not that I need another excuse to shop, but has anyone decided yet which carrying case they'll get for the eDGe?