Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-22-2009, 08:48 AM   #1
klrodrigues
klrodrigues began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Unhappy Help with lost files, please

Hi, Newbie here I just got my K2 yesterday after Lurking on your forum for a few weeks. Last night Hubby went to the Kindle store to purchase a book when he went back to the home screen everything was gone. He said he didn't push any buttons. Is this common? Do you know what may have happened?
I lost my User guide, books & my dictionary. I went to amazon to resend the book & userguide but how do I get my dictionary back? I have contacted Support but haven't heard anything back. thanks!

Update: I read a few post here & decided to reboot... didn't work so I reset to Factory setting & once I entered my info got it all back

But if anyone knows what may have caused this.. please let me know

Last edited by klrodrigues; 03-22-2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: update
klrodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:17 PM   #2
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Glad you fixed it, I have no idea what happened probably a hiccup and hopefully it won't happen again.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
My guess is he moved the cursor up to the top, then moved left to show only Personal Docs or Subscriptions rather than All My Items.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote