Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-04-2013, 11:29 PM   #1
Dragouf
Dragouf began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
adding book : series is part of the whole title

Hi,

I tried to import books and extract details from filename.

The problem is that I want to extract part of the title as serie and index but without to delete this part from title.

Anyone know how to do this and if it's possible ?

So to better explain here is the example of what I want :

filename : Soda - 12 - Code apocalypse

title : Soda - 12 - Code apocalypse
serie : Soda
index : 12

My curret regex is : (?P<series>.*) - [A-Z]?(?P<series_index>[^_]+) - (?P<title>[^_]+)

But the problem with that is that my title is : Code apocalypse.
Dragouf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The standard feeling is that the series info does not belong within the title in calibre; rather in the series and series_index columns.

Of course, when sending to a device it is common to use a metadata plugboard to reintroduce the series info to the title as seen on the device.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2013, 04:56 AM   #3
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
I have a library of about 10,000 ebooks some of them from the 90's lol.

The metadata is horrid, but the title contains the series, title and author name.

I would like to transfer my entire library to calibre BUT it is too daunting to have to correct so many books.

I would like to be able to parse the filenames into the various fields but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 05:23 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
I have a library of about 10,000 ebooks some of them from the 90's lol.

The metadata is horrid, but the title contains the series, title and author name.

I would like to transfer my entire library to calibre BUT it is too daunting to have to correct so many books.

I would like to be able to parse the filenames into the various fields but have no idea where to start. Any suggestions?
You set it up it in Preferences->Add Books->The Add Process (see attachment)

Do read the tutorial on Regular Expressions - there are a couple of example expressions in the the Regular Expression field - click the down chevron.

Test out on a few books first and spend some time getting to know calibre

I would add books in batches - I'd start with say 200, see how that goes. Make any adjustments you think worth doing, add another 200, if they are A-OK then add batches of 500. And between each batch backup the library.

BR

psst : I think its better to start your own threads rather jump on the end of another thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	146.0 KB
ID:	108256  

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-15-2013 at 05:26 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #5
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Thank you, I now have the beginnings of a file of sort order parse strings for the various ways my books are named.

I have also found that the adding is less frustrating now that I created a "temp library" with a field "toadd"

I gave up on bulk adds, and find adding by author much less frustrating.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert