Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 12:38 AM   #1
yuenslhk
yuenslhk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
What is the latest Firmware by Amazon released for K2i? 2.54 ? 2.53? or 2.52?

What is the latest Firmware by Amazon released for K2i? 2.54 ? 2.53? or 2.52?
yuenslhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:43 AM   #2
loveangel
Banned
loveangel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
even i want to know
Bump
loveangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
2.5.3 (for now).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 06:27 PM   #4
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
2.5.3 Only the US models have 2.5.6 Why Amazon doesnt just say when another update is relelased and why, is very baffling.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool 2.5.2 update

the only version i can find of the recent update is this:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/G7G_Firmwar...dle2_2.5.2.bin

do any of these other releases (2.5.3, 2.2.4, 2.2.5, or 2.2.6) address this problem:

after i installed the 2.5.2 update on my kindle 2 i noticed a bug in the display of left & right justified text. some lines do not right justify.

where can i obtain any of them?
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:37 PM   #6
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen2
actually, I'm running 2.5.6. I don't think its any different than the others.
jasonfedelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:41 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
The OP was referring to K2i, not K2 US .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
I have not been able to get any update beyond 2.5.2 either...it could be my crappy 3G signal here at home or that the other updates are hardware/build version specific as exact hardware can vary during production thus requiring slightly different firmware updates. Of course one could do a general update that conditionally installs the correct software for your specific device thus keeping everyone on the same FW version, it appears Amazon is not taking this route...or it really is just the fact my 3G signal is all over the map on the AT&T network...for me Sprint was perfect because I am less than 1000' from a local tower...but AT&T is over half a mile away.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:20 AM   #9
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
The OP was referring to K2i, not K2 US .
missed that distinction. oops!
jasonfedelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 PM   #10
paulkalman
paulkalman began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
just downloaded and updated my k2 yesterday, it is 2.5.2
paulkalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:58 AM   #11
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
And if you keep your whsipernet on paulKalman, it will soon update to 2.5.3 Mine updated within a few hours of doing the 2.5.2 update from Amazon and that seems to be the common observation.

Oh, 2.5.4 is now up since yesterday:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200324680

And it all worked with the hacks on! Nice work NiLuJe! Again.

Last edited by Pushka; 07-28-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote