Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-21-2009, 11:05 AM   #1
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
505 books not deleted??

With my Sony 505, when I finish a book I always go to <utilities> and <delete the book> then, of course, depress <mark> to complete the deletion.

I just went to look at the 505 contents via Windows <Start> and <Explore> and see that numerous of the books (probably loaded by Calibre) which I had deleted are still showing up as being present on the reader.

Why might this be?

Also, can I use Windows and just delete the unwanted books from the reader?

Thanks for any info on this!

. . . . . . Pete

Last edited by petercreasey; 09-21-2009 at 11:08 AM.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
I have found that when I delete the ebook on my reader it is gone. However, the empty author and book title folders remain on my Sony. I have to open the drive on my computer to delete the folders.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-21-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanybooks View Post
I have found that when I delete the ebook on my reader it is gone. However, the empty author and book title folders remain on my Sony. I have to open the drive on my computer to delete the folders.
T, Aha! This is probably what I've experienced also.

I believe you are saying that you use Windows <Explorer> and go to the <reader disk> <data base> <media> <books> and delete the pertinent title folders/files there.

In other words, if the folders/files have zero content, they should be deleted.

Thanks!

. . . . . Pete

Last edited by petercreasey; 09-21-2009 at 01:10 PM.
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote