Notices

View Poll Results: Will you help me kickstart a new haiku
No, you're insane 20 90.91%
Sure, I'm nuts 2 9.09%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony XPeria ZL, Kindle Paperwhite
Wink Kickstarter

I'm thinking about Kickstarting my next haiku. I'm bidding for $5000, how about it? Show me your support

the joke is over. thank you for your common sense

here's the haiku it inspired:

rain forests down -
tree drops on ash and smoke
the sky overcloud

Last edited by Namekuseijin; 02-20-2014 at 04:57 PM.
Namekuseijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 03:57 PM   #2
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
You're drunk?
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2014, 04:05 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'm not really sure
Seems a good idea, but
Time will tell I guess.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #4
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk
Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Namekuseijin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

hey, why not? Everyone else is doing it for whatever pet projects that will never see the light of day after it's got enough money already...

a haiku is perfectly doable and I can promise it to be my masterpiece
Old 02-19-2014, 05:14 PM   #5
Bricorn
Addict
Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bricorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DXG
I kickstarted a Norton Commando for several years. I'm done.
Bricorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-20-2014, 06:41 AM   #6
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

Oh, boy

Warms my heart to see mankind still seems to have a bit of common sense left. Though I'm a bit worried for those 2 poor souls who would give away their money for such a project.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:42 AM   #7
MichelleLouring
Owl Lady
MichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenMichelleLouring has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Android Tablet
Throw in you doing a kickboxing match with a grizzly bear and I'm in!
MichelleLouring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 06:55 AM   #8
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
It's too cheap, hence not really trustworthy. If you were taking 17k, one per syllable, I might believe you're confident enough you can pull off a real quality haiku. 5k screams amateur. Perhaps you could post a sample syllable.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 02:10 PM   #9
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
It's too cheap, hence not really trustworthy. If you were taking 17k, one per syllable, I might believe you're confident enough you can pull off a real quality haiku. 5k screams amateur. Perhaps you could post a sample syllable.

here it goes:

rain

Last edited by Namekuseijin; 02-20-2014 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #10
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
Oh, boy

Warms my heart to see mankind still seems to have a bit of common sense left. Though I'm a bit worried for those 2 poor souls who would give away their money for such a project.
Well, they DID admit they're nuts, so at least there's some hope.

And the sample syllable doesn't fill me with confidence -- It seems somewhat amateurish and low-quality.

eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 03:32 PM   #11
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

hmm, that's bad

guess it'll take me some weeks to retrace my steps. and I was this close to getting to "drops"... I'll update my roadmap...
Old 02-20-2014, 03:46 PM   #12
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namekuseijin View Post
hmm, that's bad

guess it'll take me some weeks to retrace my steps. and I was this close to getting to "drops"... I'll update my roadmap...

So cliche...

eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 04:36 PM   #13
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, I must say I find that sample syllable quite teasing. Rain is such a time-honored topos in haiku that offering it as a sample sends mixed messages.

How to decide whether the author is a skilled and seasoned haikusmith at the height of his powers, who will not stoop to offering some fancy novelty syllable in order to attract attention and show off, but demonstrates calmly that he is firmly rooted in an old and cherished tradition - or whether he really has nothing better to offer than the blandest old cliché, to which he will have nothing to add but some stupid frog jumping into a pond or some petal-like faces in the bloody subway?

If only we knew...
Old 02-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #14
Namekuseijin
affordable chipmunk

well, no Kickstart nor the dream of easily becoming a millionaire

this one goes for free:

rain forests down -
tree drops on ash and smoke
the sky overcloud

Old 02-20-2014, 04:48 PM   #15
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil

That is actually pretty good. Perhaps you should have kept up your campaign...

Tags
haiku, kickstarter