Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 02-01-2013, 02:53 PM   #16
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
While we’re glad to be able to continue offering a wide selection of free eBooks, going forward free eBooks will typically not be available for download.

However, they will be available to read at any time in our CBDReader app for Android and iOS, as well as our CBDReader for desktop while you are connected to the internet.
Sounds like a good reason to not bother with grabbing anything there to me.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Sounds like a good reason to not bother with grabbing anything there to me.
Agreed. I have bought books from there to say thank you but to suddenly make all my previous library not downloadable they've lost my business.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 03:05 PM   #18
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Agreed. I have bought books from there to say thank you but to suddenly make all my previous library not downloadable they've lost my business.
Being forced to use their apps is bad enough, but it sounds like you also have to be connected to the internet to read? No, just no.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Being forced to use their apps is bad enough, but it sounds like you also have to be connected to the internet to read? No, just no.
I second that that No. Here's their Facebook page if anyone wants to complain.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:55 PM   #20
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
I guess you can go sit at the library and read online?

And yes, I agree... on both points.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2013, 04:14 PM   #21
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
I guess you can go sit at the library and read online?

And yes, I agree... on both points.
Well I will just have to get them epub from Nook now. I am happy that some of the christian publishers on Amazon are starting to replace topaz with KF8 books. So I might not need the epub version much longer.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:38 PM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Heads up! I just read over at DA that's Samhain has pulled their titles from Books on Board due to non payment. We also know Hachette titles are missing from their store just to name a few.

At this point I would be sure to backup all your past purchases. This can't be good but it looks like BOB could be on it's way out.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #23
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Heads up! I just read over at DA that's Samhain has pulled their titles from Books on Board due to non payment. We also know Hachette titles are missing from their store just to name a few.

At this point I would be sure to backup all your past purchases. This can't be good but it looks like BOB could be on it's way out.
The non-payment/books pulled thing took place over a year and a half ago so it's not recent (& we only have one side of the story). Samhain titles now come from a distributor instead of direct and BoB has current Samhain titles for sale and pre-order currently.

Although reading about that makes me wonder if the Hachette titles that are NA or missing altogether have to do with non-payment to some distributor, except it then seems odd that it appears to only affect Hachette titles (distros handle titles from most/all pubs, not one). I may be a contract/agreement issue between Hachette and BoB due to the switch from Agency to non-Agency or a contract thing between Hachette and a specific distro.

Quote:
At this point I would be sure to backup all your past purchases.
Always something that should be done immediately after purchase, but a good reminder none the less.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:15 PM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
The non-payment/books pulled thing took place over a year and a half ago so it's not recent (& we only have one side of the story). Samhain titles now come from a distributor instead of direct and BoB has current Samhain titles for sale and pre-order currently.

Although reading about that makes me wonder if the Hachette titles that are NA or missing altogether have to do with non-payment to some distributor, except it then seems odd that it appears to only affect Hachette titles (distros handle titles from most/all pubs, not one). I may be a contract/agreement issue between Hachette and BoB due to the switch from Agency to non-Agency or a contract thing between Hachette and a specific distro.

Always something that should be done immediately after purchase, but a good reminder none the less.
Poison Pen books are missing from there as well. We only know one side because BOB isn't talking. They just say it's a publisher issue.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Quote:
Poison Pen books are missing from there as well. We only know one side because BOB isn't talking. They just say it's a publisher issue.
I haven't seen where BoB has been asked and said it was a publisher issue can you point me in the right direction?
Old 02-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #26
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Quote:
I haven't seen where BoB has been asked and said it was a publisher issue can you point me in the right direction?
One response is this one:

Quote:
And according to the respone I got it is possible that the distributor has changed the availability. Hopefully, everything will be sorted out soon.
I may have to spend my BoB rewards dollars just in case. Its also titles from Orbit, Ace, and some old Regencies from Interpress (or something like that) which were in my Wishlist.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Personal email. Basically said what the post above me says. Something fishy is going on. Somebody ask on Facebook on the 28th I will keep my eye out on their response.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:44 PM   #28
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I was able to download a free book from Christianbook a few minutes ago.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:48 PM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
I was able to download a free book from Christianbook a few minutes ago.
How did you do it? There's no download buttons anymore.
Old 02-01-2013, 06:53 PM   #30
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
I still have my Download link. We are talking about christianbook.com correct? I was able to download No Safe Harbor, which was a freebie today.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote