Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Britomart
Guru
Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Britomart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus, PC
Free and bargain romances in May

Off to a good start!

Lynne Connolly's first volume in the Richard and Rose series, Yorkshire, has already been mentioned in one of ATDrake's threads. I enjoyed it highly and recommend getting the freebie to see if you might be interested in the series.

Free for Kindle:

Almost Married US DE by Carol Grace. The other novels mentioned below were freebies earlier, so you might be interested in adding to the series.

Quote:
Wanna-Be mom meets confirmed bachelor at the world's most romantic spot - Niagara Falls. She's baby-sitting, he's working, but fate steps in when the baby throws her car keys over the falls. What to do? Dive in or ask a sexy stranger for a ride home? Bachelor Right and Would-Be Mom end up picking apples together and falling in love while baby is all smiles. Who wouldn't be?

ALMOST MARRIED is part of the Miramar Beach series along with LONELY MILLIONAIRE and WANTED: HUSBAND.
By Leaps and Bounds US DE by Jacqueline Diamond was originally published as a Harlequin American Romance in 1990.

Quote:
At the height of her success, Kerry Guthrie’s career was cut short by an accident. Now she’s on her feet again, teaching young dancers and hoping for a comeback…until she butts heads with the father of her 15-year-old star student, and feels a spark that’s new to her.

A police officer, Chris Layne comes from a different world. Can they work together to make his daughter’s dreams come true, especially since he and his daughter are increasingly at odds? Along the way, Kerry must find her balance through an evolving emotional landscape.
Britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britomart View Post
Lynne Connolly's first volume in the Richard and Rose series, Yorkshire, has already been mentioned in one of ATDrake's threads. I enjoyed it highly and recommend getting the freebie to see if you might be interested in the series.
Good series.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Thank you Britomart for maintaining this thread. I downloaded the Lynne Connolly book which I plan to read instead of Grace Burrowes new release. ( Adobes servers refuse to cooperate with me.*grr*) ( And yes, it is the servers. I downloaded a book from my Harlequin library, and got the same error)
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #4
Loosheesh
Wizard
Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Loosheesh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW1, PW5, iPhone SE 2016, iPhone 13 Pro, iPad Pro 9.7, iPad Pro 2021
Quote:
Off to a good start!

Good to know; I was dithering on whether to get it

(And thanks for starting up this new thread!)
Loosheesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:03 PM   #5
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
White Tigress by Jade Lee, historical interracial romance, 1st in The Way of the Tigress series @ iTunes (available to Canadians).

This is an ex-Dorchester book which was an official freebie a couple of years ago before they collapsed. Lee is also a Harlequin author.

Englishwoman Lydia Smith sailed to the Orient seeking her fiancé and found treachery, instead.
In seedy Shanghai, she is drugged, sold, and made a slave—to a dark-eyed dragon of a man. Her captor does not demand her virginity but her Yin—the essence of her ecstasy.

What harm can come from allowing him to pleasure her, to teach her, to explore the path of becoming the White Tigress, until she can flee?

I'll have to try the Connolly series. With a bunch of books focusing on the same couple, hopefully they'll spread out the relationship drama instead of concentrating it all in the single allotted volume, and have some good historical mystery plots as well.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #6
mikaelalind
Fanatic
mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mikaelalind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Cybook Odessey
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
White Tigress by Jade Lee, historical interracial romance, 1st in The Way of the Tigress series @ iTunes (available to Canadians).
This one sounds interesting, but I think I will wait a couple of days and see if Amazon price match.
mikaelalind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:40 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
for the books.

For my May selection on DANL I went with the Catherine Mann book. I would of have bought it anyway as I bought the others.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
for the books.

For my May selection on DANL I went with the Catherine Mann book. I would of have bought it anyway as I bought the others.
Me 2 Blossom, I picked this one up as well. I have the first 2 and was waiting for this one to hit for May.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I got the Catherine Mann book, too!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #10
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I'll be getting the Catherine Mann one, too. Especially since I bought the first two twice—separately and in the bundle
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I'll be getting the Catherine Mann one, too. Especially since I bought the first two twice—separately and in the bundle
I've done that before as we all know. Even though I keep them all in Calibre sometimes I just forget to check before buying.

It doesn't look like there are too many new releases this month from Sourcebooks. I may have to go through the site again to see if I missed anything.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:07 PM   #12
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
DANL added a bunch of stuff slated for June release, but it turns out you can't pre-order in advance, otherwise I'd have put that just-released Roberta Gellis historical in the cart yesterday when I decided to get the Burrowes book and bundle from the May selections with the discover15 discount coupon (and their Wishlist function is at present non-functional). All 6 of the May releases seem to be listed on the front of the shop area.

They have added a couple of new older books to at least the Historical Fiction section, which is an encouraging sign, and at some point they put up a Books for International Readers subsection for the stuff they have the rights to distribute worldwide, which is nice as it helps keep people outside the US/maybe-Canada from doing the hover-over and finding out all the books they want are geo-restricted.

Oh, and they have a freebie, in case anyone considering the club want to see how the DRM-free MultiFormat bundle thing works: Summons, paranormal romance tie-in novella by Shona Husk.

I think I'll see if they preannounce anything good for next month's selections as a sneak peek. Out of the current lot, the Galen spy thing looks the most interesting, but her other books seem… somewhat unrealistic*.

* What upper-middle-class Brit twit seriously-for-serious names their daughter Raeven? People will think she's a) a low-class trashy proto-Goth who's been written into the wrong sort of book, and b) has illiterate parents who can't spell a simple 5-letter phonetically-pronounced bird's name. Or that she's using the Napoleonic War Era equivalent of whatever a stripper alias was back in the day.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
Venus
Country girl
Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Venus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many
Thank you for all the wonderful books that you have added to my reading life.
Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:38 PM   #14
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
Quote:
Off to a good start!

Now free at Sony too
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #15
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I ended up getting Lord and Lady Spy from DANL as my selection but I also purchased the Catherine Mann one on discount
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote