Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Tennessee's "don't say gay" bill advances (and funny response to anti-gay law)

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...ill/index.html

^ so basically TN is trying to outlaw the usage of 'gay' and this has garnered a response:

http://fckh8.com/SchoolLaw/

^ clicking the link also lets you 'like' or 'tweet' the page. each like or tweet gets $0.25 for the cause

Last edited by wyndslash; 05-07-2011 at 06:54 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 06:43 AM   #2
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Sen. Stacey Campfield should learn to come to terms with his ambiguous feelings about his own sexuality I reckon.
Advert
Old 05-07-2011, 06:53 AM   #3
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Sen. Stacey Campfield should learn to come to terms with his ambiguous feelings about his own sexuality I reckon.
lol!

and it just came to me that i may have posted this wrong. maybe it should go into the political subforum? but i don't know how to opt for that, and i don't think i want to...

oh well, guess i'll let the green people do their thing
Old 05-07-2011, 01:45 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Go to user control panel, select the "Group Memberships" item, and join the "Hardened Debaters" group.

And yes, political topics belong in P&R.
Old 05-07-2011, 03:03 PM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Love the last t-shirt: "Some chicks marry chicks. Get over it."
Advert
Old 09-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #6
futurebear
futurebear doesn't litterfuturebear doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
I didn't read the link, but if someone is really trying to outlaw a word, they should be subjected to a mental review.

I don't like the abuse of the word "gay" but that is ridiculous. Specially if it sets up precedent. I can just picture it now, we can't say "black" anymore because it could be used in a sentence for racism. For now on we can only use the Japanese word for the color black. Just so everyone has a jump start on it I did the research. 黒 (Kuro)

I am gay, and the solution is not to not allow people to have their own opinions, the solution is to build tolerance. I don't care if your religions says I am going to hell. I dont' care if once (not every day) you want to try and save me. What I do care about is after I reject your religion, opinion, you recognize that I am still a human, I should have the same rights as you, and should be treated equally.

Of course, if you want to point out that me being gay is going to lead me to hell, we should have a really close look at your life too! Everyone write their sins down on a piece of paper, let's compare!

Seriously though, this is ignorant. I hope someone does something about it. I would but I still don't care about politics as much as I should. Hurray for living in American, where you are free to be lazy and let the country to go "hell in a hand basket".

Edit: Just read article, not really about what I typed, but I think what I typed is funny enough so I will leave it. I still think that this is stupid to have to be put in the law books. I knew I was gay well before ninth grade. If I remember correctly (which I probably don't) I had my first gay fantasy at eight. So, let's see, that is third or forth grade? Oh my god, someone said something about being gay, or gay sex so I caught the bug. For some reason the rest of the children around me at the time was safe though. . . . . I wonder if my immune system just didn't have the right antibodies to defend the gay talk.

Last edited by futurebear; 09-02-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
^It's not outlawying the word, it's outlawing saying pretty much anything that isn't heterosexual or in the family-oriented curriculum when it comes to sex education.

I took the liberty of summarizing the news story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newstory
It is already against the law in Tennessee to teach.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
futurebear
futurebear doesn't litterfuturebear doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
@ HomeInMyShoes

I noticed that after I read it which is why I did the edit. The title of the story is very misleading.

It is already against the law in the south to teach. . . . . . . . . .
Old 09-03-2011, 08:34 AM   #9
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
As was implicit in HarryT's post further up, preference is for discussions such as this to take place in our Politics & Religion subforum as per our Guidelines. Information on accessing that subforum can be found here (<---linky). Thread closed.

Cheers,
Marc
Closed Thread