Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 10:22 AM   #16
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Hey there jasonjkay, a new version in which I fixed the issues you submitted should be available. Let me know how it works for you (:!
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 02:59 PM   #17
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For people wanting to contribute but seeing themselves unable to because they use a different DVCS solution, namely git, I now mirror the BitBucket repository to github.
Advert
Old 04-07-2011, 06:32 PM   #18
jasonjkay
jasonjkay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Just to let everybody know, with the new updates to this program it now works great and I love it. Much better than any other method I used before which involved downloading the story using a story saving site, combining all the chapters using one program, stripping the html using another and finally fixing line width and other problems using a text editor. Man that got old fast, so if you read from fanfiction.net you definitely need this program.
jasonjkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 12:49 AM   #19
cryzed
Evangelist

Thanks for the feedback and all the praise (:!
Old 04-08-2011, 11:00 AM   #20
abookreader
Wizard
abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.abookreader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles - Keyboard, Fire, 2-US, iPhone, iPAD
I also thank you for this cryzed. I've downloaded several of the older stories that I have marked as favorites and I now have them on my Kindle and in Calibre. It was always just too much work before.

FanFiction.net has always been a fun hobby for me and now it's even better.
abookreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 11:44 AM   #21
cryzed
Evangelist

That's great to hear, I'm glad you appreciate it (:!
Old 04-12-2011, 03:37 PM   #22
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I'm looking forward to trying this out! I've been using FFDL (and before that, FLAG) for completed stories, but steered clear of in-progress works because of the hassle. This sounds pretty sweet. Thanks!
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 08:49 AM   #23
cryzed
Evangelist

You are welcome, feedback is always appreciated.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:55 PM   #24
Northern_Light
Northern_Light began at the beginning.

Device: none
I look forward to trying this when I get my Kindle. I have one fandom that doesn't exist outside ff.net, so it'll be good for that.
Northern_Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #25
girlinstatic
girlinstatic began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Just registered to give feedback on this amazing program. Got my 3g Kindle for xmas as I mainly read fanfic and wanted to read it on the go, but ff.net is pretty time consuming to navigate on Kindle when you have over 100 favourites and just want to whip up a story to read with no fussing! I found this script and I have to say a massive thankyou Cryzed, you've just made my kindle experience a million times better, it's a ff.net user's dream.

I loaded about 74 fics on and I must say it a few of them didn't get through the first time I ran it, so had to re-add them but aside from that it so far it has all worked flawlessly. I really like that it will merge and send the new chapters too instead of having to manually copy and send them myself.
girlinstatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:40 AM   #26
cryzed
Evangelist

Hey there, you are very much welcome -- I'm really happy that it could be useful to someone else. I, myself, still use it heavily aswell.

The issue with some stories not having gotten "through" is probably Amazon's fault: Sometimes their e-mail conversion service fucks up and the stories aren't getting forwarded properly.

Have fun with your new Kindle and Lemon then, and spread the word (:!
Old 12-31-2011, 05:11 PM   #27
pookakitten
Connoisseur
pookakitten began at the beginning.

Device: K5
I'm using the most recent Windows version and I've noticed that for ff.net, it has evidence of the share function. Would it be possible to remove it? It's at the beginning of every chapter.

I may use this as an alternative to ffdl, but not to replace it totally. I like how it checks for new chapters. Any plans to support AO3 in the future?
pookakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:42 PM   #28
cryzed
Evangelist

Hey there pookakitten, It would be very helpful if you could spare 2-3 minutes and create a new issue describing the problem.

Regarding your AO3-request, I didn't even know that site or that there was demand for support -- please create another issue for the missing functionality too.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:25 PM   #29
cryzed
Evangelist

Hey there, I fixed the share-button issue. The support for AO3 might take a bit longer, but should be doable (although I do need an invitation, if you feel like forward me one!). Thanks for alerting me! You can find the new download here.

Please let me know if there are any further issues.

Last edited by cryzed; 01-06-2012 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:05 AM   #30
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
I use de-ffnetizer which is at:
http://www.deffnetizer.com/

I installed the template file available at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/f...support/files/ This downloads the separate files which I can then bind together using the Mobipocket Creator program. I can even update the cover later by running the file through a mobi to mobi conversion in Calibre.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
convert, download, fanfiction, fanfiction.net, kindle