Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 03-12-2011, 05:11 AM   #1
Bobcooper31
Bobcooper31 began at the beginning.

Device: Desk Top author
Hoping to get some e book expertise here

Hi to everyone. I am a developing multimedia author and hope to get more knowledge of e book technology from this site.

I live in Perth West Australia which is not far from the end of the earth and I don't know any other e book authors nearby who I can ask for help or bounce ideas off.

My e books are heavy on multimedia which is has presented many hurdles for me to overcome. I hope I might get help from some gurus in these forums
Bobcooper31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #2
mountain_lion
Addict
mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mountain_lion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: fbreader, Kindle
Welcome to MR
mountain_lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 09:54 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G'Day Bob and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:24 PM   #4
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Hi, welcome to MR from the Netherlands. For some good info: look in the WIKI (top of the page) and on the main forum page:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:57 PM   #5
Bobcooper31

Hi Desertblues
Thanks for your very helpful advice.

I looked at Wiki and can see it's going to be very useful. It would have taken weeks for me to find it on my own. The links on this site aren't as helpful as they might be for a newbie e.g. "user cp" doesn't construe its purpose very well so consequently discovery is a bit of a long process

The posts on this site have made me realise that there is a minefield of issues that I need to consider. The format I produce my ebooks in is a major one. I intend to use drm as I'll be selling ebooks that teach English in China. There could be a billion copies being read within a few months of my first sale if I don't protect my book. I can see however that I'll be restricting sales if I don't allow users to purchase the format they need.
This site will help me to make a better decision about things like that.
Advert
Old 03-12-2011, 06:17 PM   #6
Bobcooper31

[For some good info: look in the WIKI (top of the page) and on the main forum page:]

Thanks for your very helpful advice.
I've looked at Wiki and can see it will be helpful.
I might not have discovered what was behind that link for weeks as I'm having trouble navigating the site. The links (e.g. user cp) don't construe much meaning so it makes discovery a slow progress for a newbie.

From the posts in this forum I can see that I'll have to consider the format I use for my ebooks. I'm developing English language tutorials for Chinese people. If I don't protect my rights there could be a billion copies of my work within a few months of my first sale.

I used to think there was only one format but at least I'll get some knowledge so that I can make an informed decision about which formats to use.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:03 AM   #7
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW

Welcome to Mobileread....

Have you seen the Author Self-Promotion Forum ... and also the Writers' Corner ... Just two of the many gems we have on board ...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:03 AM   #8
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Hello Bob and welcome to MobileRead.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #9
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
welcome to MR
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote