Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #61
igunisu
igunisu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
file manager
multilingual (also need Japanese/Chinese input and Dictionary)
manga viewer (which can automatically split a 2-pages pic into 2 pics, just like what iriver story do)

Last edited by igunisu; 02-05-2010 at 07:29 PM.
igunisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #62
ruddell
Enthusiast
ruddell began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
simple application to take notes for later transfer to computer would be nice.

also, I'd like to see an application to create reviews for books I've just finished and upload those to Amazon.
ruddell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 04:02 PM   #63
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
why not turn our kindles into teleprompters???? (while you're at it -- I mean come on!!!)
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:54 AM   #64
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
How about an app to browse and download books from mobileread, project gutenberg and other free sources?
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 10:11 AM   #65
dkb
ebook enthusiast
dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone, Sony PRS-350, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
I would like a folder app and a screen saver app that didn't need to be removed when there's an update. I don't know if it's possible, but it would also be really great if there could be an app so that Kindle could read library books.
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #66
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas777 View Post
How about an app to browse and download books from mobileread, project gutenberg and other free sources?
We have that part, at least. It's the Mobipocket Download Guide and is available in the "E-Books" button in the blue line above. It is updated daily and costs about $.45 to send to your Kindle.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 02:17 PM   #67
Jonas777
Groupie
Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Jonas777 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2 Intl
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
We have that part, at least. It's the Mobipocket Download Guide and is available in the "E-Books" button in the blue line above. It is updated daily and costs about $.45 to send to your Kindle.
Ooops, I had not seen that one. Thanks!

However, it's more like $3.96 for me since I am outside the US and I got no browser on the kindle. Also since I am outside the US, I need a computer to access mobileread as the webbrowser is disabled. That said, since I need a computer anyway I can download it and put it on my kindle for free. Wohoo!

Also, an app could allow me to search and filter in a way a book won't.
Jonas777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:23 AM   #68
Kindle Addict
kindict
Kindle Addict doesn't litterKindle Addict doesn't litterKindle Addict doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2, Kobo, iPad, Nook
I know there's an old, short thread here about a Z-machine for the Kindle, but a JavaScript version in a browser just doesn't cut it for me!

I posted a brief write up about why the Kindle needs a native Z-machine interpreter, but I'm not sure if Amazon would let one be made available through their upcoming app store. Regardless, there will still be a way to port and deploy a native Z-machine at some point.
Kindle Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 10:18 AM   #69
mowbray
mowbray began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I would like the option for a password on startup. I use mine for lots of personal documents and would use it for more if it could be password protected. I'm not worried about orders from my Amazon account for the reasons discussed elsewhere on the forum.
mowbray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:03 AM   #70
jomaweb
Connoisseur
jomaweb is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
Ability to turn grey letters into Black.

I read a lot of programming books, and the code snips are in pale grey, making hard to read properly the code.

Switching all the grey letters to black would be nice
jomaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 09:04 AM   #71
eboyhan
PandaMuse
eboyhan doesn't littereboyhan doesn't litter

Device: kindle dx, kindle touch SO, kindle fire, kindle fire hd8.9
re: Z-machine ...ZORK lives Forever!!!
eboyhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 11:35 PM   #72
54wo
54wo began at the beginning.

Device: hanlin jinke
Quote:
Originally Posted by lili1989 View Post
pdf , zoom plus annotation

really need ...
Me too!
54wo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:01 AM   #73
dumky
dumky began at the beginning.

Device: Tablet PC
-non-Audible audiobook player (ie. good mp3 player for audiobooks)
-whispersync and notes/highlights in the cloud for non-Amazon books
-thesaurus
-multi-language dictionary (french/english for example)
dumky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:11 AM   #74
Atlas
Atlas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I would very much appreciate a dedicated telnet/MUD client, though it technically overdoes the 100KB/month limit that amazon has on the KDK page.

How does amazon expect to have anything be usable online with a 100KB limit?
Atlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:30 PM   #75
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Talking of Audible and Audiobooks, I know there are programs to strip DRM out of Audio Books, but is there a program to turn my own audio sources into Audible Compatible Audio Books to put on the Kindle ?

I know I'm mad !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote