Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-21-2010, 05:06 AM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
360 freezes - new firmware recommended?

For a few days now I'm experiencing spontaneous freezes with the 350. I upgraded the FBreader on my device (but this worked without problems for months) but did not upgrade the firmware beyond 1.14 something.

I'm not sure if it's the device or FBreader freezing. (Not very keen on switching to an older FBreader or ADE to find out.)

But what's the story on the new firmware, 1.15 something: is that still considered to have stability issues?
If not, I might try upgrading the firmware to see if that solves the freezing issues.

And incidentally: I've set FBreader to rotate only 180 degrees instead of 360. Might that confuse the device -- it being programmed, after all, to rotate 360?

MTIA for all tips.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The 14.2 version is the most stable one, and it's the one still recommended by Pocketbook. The 15.1 has occasional freezes, at least in my experience. You don't lose much with updating, but 15.1 is not stable, and 15.2 should be coming before the end of the month, so you're better off waiting in my opinion.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:57 AM   #3
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logseman View Post
... 15.2 should be coming before the end of the month
Where did you hear that?
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:00 AM   #4
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
In any case, I think it's not going to help. I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with the device, it keeps freezing or spontaneously switching off all the time, it's getting unworkable. Rather disappointing, as I've only had it for a couple of months now.
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:03 AM   #5
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kacir View Post
Where did you hear that?
Forkosigan said so in the German forum.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=157

Quote:
Sobald die Firmaware fur 302 Bugfrei wird, spattestens nachste woche (wird gerade von betatesater getestet.) Komt die Version fur 301+ und 360. Soll bis Ende Mai fertig sein.
Quote:
As soon as the firmware for 302 is bug-free, which should come next week (it's being beta-tested now), we'll have the 301 and 360 version ready. Everything should be over before May ends.

Last edited by Logseman; 05-21-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:57 PM   #6
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:

Yes, that's still up to date info. The 302 FW is really working fine and it should be made available in the next days. Then we will check the 360°/301 F and try to get that ready in the course of the week.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 07:58 PM   #7
IndecisiveMe
Addict
IndecisiveMe doesn't litterIndecisiveMe doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 360, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:

Is there any reason we can't be kept up to date like the German forum? Could there not be an announcements section or something where all things important to EVERYONE are put immediately and at the same time?

I'm guessing I'm not the only one in this forum waiting for the update.
IndecisiveMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 02:32 AM   #8
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post
Is there any reason we can't be kept up to date like the German forum? Could there not be an announcements section or something where all things important to EVERYONE are put immediately and at the same time?

Well, what exactly do you want to know?

Firmware:

15.2 for 302 is in advanced beta phase and will be ready monday or tuesday.
15.1 for 360°/301 was a bit too buggy for us, so we decided to build a new version from scratch (15.2.). This version is nearly done, too and should be online by end of this month.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:52 AM   #9
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Well, what exactly do you want to know?

Firmware:

15.2 for 302 is in advanced beta phase and will be ready monday or tuesday.
15.1 for 360°/301 was a bit too buggy for us, so we decided to build a new version from scratch (15.2.). This version is nearly done, too and should be online by end of this month.
I'd love it if information released/mentioned on the German forum was also mentioned on the English forum. I don't think that's too much to ask.

Thanks for giving us that information.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:58 AM   #10
Logseman
Orisa

Indecisive has a point. A Twitter account or smallish corporate blog with the big novelties would be enough IMO.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #11
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Indecisive has a point. A Twitter account or smallish corporate blog with the big novelties would be enough IMO.
I will put the news in a thread here and stick it. That okay? I just can't maintain a blog for now, we do not have the manpower and time for that.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:46 PM   #12
IndecisiveMe
Addict

Quote:
I will put the news in a thread here and stick it. That okay? I just can't maintain a blog for now, we do not have the manpower and time for that.
That would be really great, thanks It helps if we're all on the same page with features, support and firmware updates.
Old 05-23-2010, 08:06 AM   #13
Logseman
Orisa

Quote:
I wouldn't mind putting up an unofficial blog and writing the novelties from time to time. I'm sort of doing that in the Spanish forum I visit, so putting it in a Blogspot thingy wouldn't be much of a hassle for me.
Old 05-23-2010, 12:29 PM   #14
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndecisiveMe View Post

I'm usually trying to keep you folks up to date, but not in this case - I simply haven't heard any official info about new updates. I know that it has to be released soon, but how soon I just don't know.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote