Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-16-2015, 04:10 AM   #46
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandos View Post
Thank you. I will try it as soon as i get home from work. I only read KePubs, so I will change the value to 4 then.
With the English dictionary I use LEFTHYPHENMIN 3 and RIGHTHYPHENMIN 4, I've noticed the occasional bad hyphenation in KePubs, but it is tolerable. The lower the values you use the more problems will occur, I think.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:18 AM   #47
outlandos
Connoisseur
outlandos doesn't litteroutlandos doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
With the English dictionary I use LEFTHYPHENMIN 3 and RIGHTHYPHENMIN 4, I've noticed the occasional bad hyphenation in KePubs, but it is tolerable. The lower the values you use the more problems will occur, I think.
May i ask the reason to put both values as high as 5 in the patch at default?

Last edited by outlandos; 08-16-2015 at 04:20 AM.
outlandos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:31 AM   #48
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlandos View Post
May i ask the reason to put both values as high as 5 in the patch at default?
Because that is the value used in most of the other languages' dictionaries that come with the device.

Edit: The only language that uses a different value than 5 is French, which uses 3.

Last edited by GeoffR; 08-16-2015 at 04:35 AM.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 04:46 AM   #49
outlandos
Connoisseur
outlandos doesn't litteroutlandos doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
Because that is the value used in most of the other languages' dictionaries that come with the device.

Edit: The only language that uses a different value than 5 is French, which uses 3.
Thanks, ill just go with 5/5 then to start with.
outlandos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 05:20 AM   #50
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Here is the Turkish hyphenation patch https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...jBHUi0zT2FJSzQ

There was no open source hyphenation dictionary in the Turkish, so I made one myself. This is very crucial for Turkish, as our language have extensive agglutination. To make it work, you need to set language metadata to Turkish with Calibre.

If there are wrongly hyphenated words, send me a message.

Last edited by GERGE; 08-04-2016 at 05:16 AM.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote