Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-19-2011, 08:18 PM   #16
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpizza View Post
When you connect the reader with computer, two disks appears. The disk with a larger size is the internal flash. Just make the directory /fonts on the disk and put your font file in it.
Excellent! Thank you, bigpizza!

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadlightly View Post
Thank you! The free Caecilia font looks great on the T1 screen. When trying this out make sure you set the font to "Original" in the menu.
Might I ask where one can obtain the "free Caecilia font"? Thx!
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #17
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
Might I ask where one can obtain the "free Caecilia font"? Thx!
Right here, link courtesy of a previous post by jswinden.
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #18
dr1ver
dr1ver began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK STR
ok, so i thought i'd figured out what i did wrong, but it's still not working. this is my modified CSS file. is this how it should look? the corresponding fonts are in the fonts folder. caecilia still isn't showing up as the font when i set it to original

PHP Code:
@font-face font-familyseriffont-weightnormalfont-stylenormal;  srcurl(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Roman);}
@font-face font-familyseriffont-weightnormalfont-styleitalic;  srcurl(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Italic);}
@font-face font-familyseriffont-weightboldfont-stylenormal;  srcurl(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-Bold);}
@font-face font-familyseriffont-weightboldfont-styleitalic;  srcurl(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/CaeciliaLTStd-BoldItalic);}

@namespace "http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml";
calibre {

displayblock;

font-size1em;

line-height1.2;

margin-bottom0;

margin-left5pt;

margin-right5pt;

margin-top0;

padding-left0;

padding-right0;

text-alignjustify

}
calibre1 {

border-bottom0;

border-top0;

displayblock;

margin-bottom0;

margin-top0;

padding-bottom0;

padding-top0;

text-indent1em

}
calibre10 {

border-bottom0;

border-top0;

displayblock;

margin-bottom0;

margin-left0;

margin-right0;

margin-top0;

padding-bottom0;

padding-top0;

text-indent1em

}
calibre11 {

colorinherit;

cursorinherit;

text-decorationinherit

}
calibre12 {

displayblock;

font-size1.22222em;

font-weightbold;

line-height1.2;

margin-bottom0.83em;

margin-left0;

margin-right0;

margin-top2em;

page-break-beforealways;

text-aligncenter

}
calibre13 {

font-size1.09091em;

line-height1.2

}
calibre14 {

font-styleitalic

}
calibre15 {

border-bottom0;

border-top0;

displayblock;

margin-bottom0;

margin-top0;

padding-bottom0;

padding-top0;

page-break-afteralways;

text-indent1em

}
calibre16 {

border-bottom0;

border-top0;

displayblock;

height2em;

margin-bottom0;

margin-top0;

padding-bottom0;

padding-top0;

text-indent1em

}
calibre17 {

displayblock;

line-height1.2

}
calibre18 {

displayblock;

font-size1.11111em;

font-weightbold;

line-height1.2;

margin-bottom1em;

margin-left0;

margin-right0;

margin-top2em;

text-aligncenter

}
calibre19 {

font-size1.1em;

line-height1.2

}
calibre2 {

displayblock;

font-size1.44444em;

font-weightbold;

line-height1.2;

margin-bottom0.67em;

margin-left0;

margin-right0;

margin-top1em;

page-break-beforealways;

text-aligncenter

}
calibre20 {

displayblock;

font-weightbold;

margin-bottom1.33em;

margin-left0;

margin-right0;

margin-top2em

}
calibre21 {

font-weightbolder

}
calibre22 {

displayblock;

font-size0.88889em;

font-weightbold;

line-height1.2;

margin-bottom1.67em;

margin-left0;

margin-right0;

margin-top1em

}
calibre23 {

font-size1.25em;

line-height1.2

}
calibre24 {

font-size0.77778em;

line-height1.2;

vertical-alignsuper

}
calibre25 {

colorblue;

cursorpointer;

text-decorationunderline

}
calibre3 {

font-size1em;

line-height1.2

}
calibre4 {

colorinherit;

cursorinherit;

line-height1.2;

text-decorationinherit

}
calibre5 {

font-weightbolder;

line-height1.2

}
calibre6 {

border-bottom0;

border-top0;

displayblock;

height1em;

margin-bottom0;

margin-top0;

padding-bottom0;

padding-top0;

text-indent1em

}
calibre7 {

border-bottom0;

border-top0;

displayblock;

margin-bottom0;

margin-left0;

margin-right0;

margin-top0;

padding-bottom0;

padding-top0;

text-aligncenter;

text-indent1.5em

}
calibre8 {

font-size1.22222em;

line-height1.2

}
calibre9 {

heightauto;

widthauto

}
mbppagebreak {

border-bottom0;

border-top0;

displayblock;

margin-bottom0;

margin-left0;

margin-right0;

margin-top0;

padding-bottom0;

padding-top0;

page-break-afteralways;

text-indent1em

}
underline {

text-decorationunderline

Last edited by dr1ver; 12-19-2011 at 09:20 PM.
dr1ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 PM   #19
treadlightly
Wizard
treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.treadlightly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1ver View Post
ok, so i thought i'd figured out what i did wrong, but it's still not working. this is my modified CSS file. is this how it should look? the corresponding fonts are in the fonts folder. caecilia still isn't showing up as the font when i set it to original
Do your font files have extensions?
treadlightly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:46 PM   #20
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Right here, link courtesy of a previous post by jswinden.
Thank you, treadlightly!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr1ver View Post
ok, so i thought i'd figured out what i did wrong, but it's still not working. this is my modified CSS file ...
If you renamed the fonts myfont.ttf then the code needs to be:

@font-face { font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/myfont.ttf);}

If you left the font name "CaeciliaLTStd-Roman" that's fine. But as treadlightly notes, you still need an extension -- either CaeciliaLTStd-Roman.ttf or CaeciliaLTStd-Roman.otf, whichever the case may be.

Finally, you need to call the font-family. The exact code depends on how the epub is formatted, but try adding this at the very bottom of the css file:

body, div, p { font-family: serif; }

.calibre { font-family: serif; }

Hope this helps!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:03 PM   #21
dr1ver
dr1ver began at the beginning.

Device: NOOK STR
Quote:
Do your font files have extensions?
yes, .ttf. i see i forgot to include the extensions in the code. thank you

Quote:
Thank you, treadlightly!!
If you renamed the fonts myfont.ttf then the code needs to be:

@font-face { font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/myfont.ttf);}

If you left the font name "CaeciliaLTStd-Roman" that's fine. But as treadlightly notes, you still need an extension -- either CaeciliaLTStd-Roman.ttf or CaeciliaLTStd-Roman.otf, whichever the case may be.

Finally, you need to call the font-family. The exact code depends on how the epub is formatted, but try adding this at the very bottom of the css file:

Hope this helps!
i added the file extensions and the code you provided to the bottom of the CSS file and it worked! uggh, finally! thank you!
dr1ver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:43 AM   #22
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur
caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony daily edition 950
Hi guys,

Noob here. I just received my T1 and I have been downloading books from the public library. Does this font business only work on books that you first edit on the computer and then transfer to the reader. Can I use costumed fonts on borrowed books?
caribbean_spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 08:53 AM   #23
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbean_spur View Post
Hi guys,

Noob here. I just received my T1 and I have been downloading books from the public library. Does this font business only work on books that you first edit on the computer and then transfer to the reader. Can I use costumed fonts on borrowed books?
It works on any non-DRM'd epub. If your borrowed book has DRM the only option is to use the T1's standard select-a-font option, but unfortunately if you change from 'Original' the Bold & italics become unpredictable.

If you know how to remove the DRM on the borrowed books you can use font customising.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:01 AM   #24
caribbean_spur
Connoisseur
caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.caribbean_spur knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony daily edition 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
It works on any non-DRM'd epub. If your borrowed book has DRM the only option is to use the T1's standard select-a-font option, but unfortunately if you change from 'Original' the Bold & italics become unpredictable.

If you know how to remove the DRM on the borrowed books you can use font customising.
Thanks. does it mean that I have to first get the book on a computer to do all this and then transfer it or all the procedure can be done directly from the reader?
caribbean_spur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 09:07 AM   #25
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribbean_spur View Post
Thanks. does it mean that I have to first get the book on a computer to do all this and then transfer it or all the procedure can be done directly from the reader?
It all needs to be done via a computer. A non-DRM epub can be edited directly on the T1, but you'd still need the computer to perform the edits.

Last edited by jackie_w; 12-20-2011 at 09:09 AM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Good news.

Un-rooted T1 now can use customized fonts. Got the method from a Chinese forum.

Put the customized font file in the location fonts/ in internal flash.

Add the font path in epub : res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/font.ttf

Now it works to use the user's font.
Excellent! Thank you for posting this! It really does help.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #27
lushgreenapple
lushgreenapple has learned how to read e-bookslushgreenapple has learned how to read e-bookslushgreenapple has learned how to read e-bookslushgreenapple has learned how to read e-bookslushgreenapple has learned how to read e-bookslushgreenapple has learned how to read e-bookslushgreenapple has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thank you!

Quote:
Good news.

Un-rooted T1 now can use customized fonts. Got the method from a Chinese forum.

Put the customized font file in the location fonts/ in internal flash.

Add the font path in epub : res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/font.ttf

Now it works to use the user's font.
This works like a dream on my T1. Just added Caecilia Bold to my T1 and its gorgeous dark...loving it totally.
lushgreenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #28
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Hi, I'm using sylfaen.ttf for unicode. Does it hav bold and italic? How do I specify those in @font-face statement?

@font-face {font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/sylfaen.ttf);}

that's what I'm using and it's working. Now I need bold and italic, how do I go about it?
THanks
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:35 PM   #29
pssquirrel
ebooknut

I'm not familiar with sylfaen, but in order to get regular, italic, bold, and bold-italic, you would need a different font file for each (many fonts include all 4 files). For example:

- sylfaen.ttf
- sylfaen-italic.ttf
- sylfaen-bold.ttf
- sylfaen-bolditalic.ttf

Put all 4 font files in the font folder on your T1.

Then you would need to do the @font-face thing for each:

Code:
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/sylfaen.ttf);} 
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-weight: normal; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/sylfaen-italic.ttf);} 
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: normal; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/sylfaen-bold.ttf);} 
@font-face { font-family: serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; src: url(res:///ebook/fonts/../../mnt/sdcard/fonts/sylfaen-bolditalic.ttf);}

Last edited by pssquirrel; 12-29-2011 at 03:36 PM. Reason: more details
Old 12-29-2011, 04:05 PM   #30
giosa
Connoisseur
giosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovergiosa exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Sony PRS T1
Quote:
I'm not familiar with sylfaen, but in order to get regular, italic, bold, and bold-italic, you would need a different font file for each (many fonts include all 4 files). For example:

- sylfaen.ttf
- sylfaen-italic.ttf
- sylfaen-bold.ttf
- sylfaen-bolditalic.ttf

Put all 4 font files in the font folder on your T1.
To my best knowledge there's only one sylfaen.ttf file

Last edited by giosa; 12-29-2011 at 05:08 PM.
giosa is offline   Reply With Quote