Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-06-2011, 01:15 AM   #1
AlienKarl
AlienKarl began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Used PE and Registration

Hi

I am new the world of android and have just bought a used PE. I am the type that researches everything I buy - so I read a lot of the forums here and some of the entourage forums before they shut down. Anyway my understanding was once a PE was registered the 'owner' had to check off some box on his account with entourage to allow the new owner to register. The person I bought from checked into this but the entourage site was down and it seemed like it would be impossible to allow me to register. I bought the device anyway because I don't have any .pdfs that are not public domain etc.

Tonight I tried to register the device for fun and it appears to have worked. I got no errors and I received an email from entourage (sender was named Apache <apache@entouragesys.com>???). So my question is - am I registered and what does registering do? I can tell the email is old as it talks about the forums and entourage store. I assume that registration is related to adobe purchased .pdfs etc - does it have any other purpose? Any information would be great. Thanks.
AlienKarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 02:49 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Welcome to MobileRead, Alien! Or should I call you Karl?

Before enTourage shut down they made it so new owners of used eDGes could register without the previous owner having to do anything. So yes, you are registered.

Is your PE running the Ermine beta? If not, you may wish to update (or not -- your choice).

Enjoy!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 02:21 AM   #3
AlienKarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Welcome to MobileRead, Alien! Or should I call you Karl?

Before enTourage shut down they made it so new owners of used eDGes could register without the previous owner having to do anything. So yes, you are registered.

Is your PE running the Ermine beta? If not, you may wish to update (or not -- your choice).

Enjoy!!
Thanks for the welcome - it is appreciated. The previous owner updated to Ermine beta and rooted the device. I bought it used because I wanted to be sure it was working - have read about some of the issues like WSOD etc and figured if it was working for previous owner and all the updates are done then it should work for me (fingers crossed). So far so good. Only 'problem' is that I am a Canadian and can't access the Amazon Market but I have read the forums and have located some apps that I wanted and it is working. I bought the device for ebooks and it does that great - but I must say that Android is fun to play with. Again thanks for the welcome.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:35 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienKarl View Post
... I am a Canadian and can't access the Amazon Market...
Have you tried SlideMe?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
AlienKarl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Have you tried SlideMe?
Hi - no I was not aware of this site. It looks like it has a lot of useful apps to play with so I will give it a try. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction.