Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #31
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markismus View Post
Don't make the file in windows! You would get the wrong end-of-line codes.

Content reboot.sh:
#!/bin/sh
reboot

I've attached the file.
Or you could use "Notepad++" with it set for Linux file output.

Or, since these are very small files any HexEditor can be used to remove the "0B" hex (the carriage return)s from the file.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 09:08 AM   #32
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 301+, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Onyx Boox A62, Kindle Touch
Slightly improved reboot.sh
(with reboot screen)

Code:
#!/bin/sh
zcat /etc/images/reboot.raw.gz | /usr/local/Kobo/pickel showpic
/bin/busybox reboot
Paola! Be carefull You can occasionaly touch reboot button on your screen and reboot will happen As fo me I added reboot option to KoboLauncher...

Where I can find good "power off" standard picture? For now I can see it in my kobo (spleepy ebook + "Powered off" text). But I don't understand where I can find it??? I looked into /etc/images but nothing... The problem that Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo and Kobo Aura have different screen resolutions and we can't make single custom "power off" picture.

Last edited by sergeyvl12; 08-23-2013 at 09:30 AM.
sergeyvl12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #33
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
thank you so much guys: however I use Crimson editor, and generally it does not add carriage returns, and at any rate with the hex editor no carriage returns are showing in the file.
I don't know why, but the "power off" entry in the kobolauncher never did anything for me, otherwise I would use that one: if I press on it, nothing happens.

EDIT: The kobo_launcher.ini file looks like this
Code:
Chess    = pbchess-1.2.5/pbchess
Checkers = checkers/checkers
Sokoban  = sokoban/sokoban
Reversi  = reversi/reversi
Gomoku   = gomoku/gomoku
Notepad  = notepad/notepad
Calculator  = calculator/calculator
usbnet   = usbnet/start.sh
Power off = poweroff
but I have no "poweroff" file in the KoboLauncher directory, that explains it (I think). Would it be correct to put a file "poweroff" with the following code:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/bin/busybox poweroff

Last edited by paola; 08-23-2013 at 02:31 PM.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #34
sergeyvl12
ebook fan
sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sergeyvl12 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
but I have no "poweroff" file in the KoboLauncher directory, that explains it (I think). Would it be correct to put a file "poweroff" with the following code:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/bin/busybox poweroff
Yes, it should work
Old 08-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #35
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Yes, it should work
well, for some reason it does not. Tried the same with kobolauncher, but it does not work. Who knows why, but I'll manage with the restart, which is working fine, as sleep is ok (i have switched the power button to taking screenshots).
Old 08-24-2013, 04:32 AM   #36
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
Quote:
well, for some reason it does not. Tried the same with kobolauncher, but it does not work. Who knows why, but I'll manage with the restart, which is working fine, as sleep is ok (i have switched the power button to taking screenshots).
Could be the space in "Power off"? try with "Power_off"
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #37
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
Could be the space in "Power off"? try with "Power_off"
thanks Giorrgio, you mean literally with the underscore and capital P? Is just that in the list of Busybox commands I found"poweroff", but I will try with your suggestion and report back.
Old 10-13-2013, 04:50 PM   #38
paola
Wizard

is it possible firmware version 2.6.2 has broken filesmonitor? The icons just don't call the programme anymore. Kobolauncher works fine, though, but I have to launch it from the Tweaks.

Last edited by paola; 10-13-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:18 AM   #39
sergeyvl12
ebook fan

Quote:
is it possible firmware version 2.6.2 has broken filesmonitor? The icons just don't call the programme anymore. Kobolauncher works fine, though, but I have to launch it from the Tweaks.
Paola, try reinstall the launcher?
Old 10-14-2013, 03:37 AM   #40
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeyvl12 View Post
Paola, try reinstall the launcher?
Thanks sergey, I reinstalled fmon, and it works now. I still cannot launch koreader from the tweaks, but that is a different issue.
Thanks again for all your work!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #41
Turtledog
Turtledog began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Can anyone tell me how to ¨Just install KoboRoot.tgz¨?
Turtledog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:25 PM   #42
paola
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtledog View Post
Can anyone tell me how to ¨Just install KoboRoot.tgz¨?
it means that you have to copy the file "KoboRoot.tgz" in the .kobo subdirectory of your device. Then eject the device and disconnect it, and you will see the device "updating", and eventually restarting. Better to do this with your device charged up. Also, do make sure you copy the file in the .kobo subdirectory - otherwise (as with all hacks) you risk bricking it (it happened to me..), i.e. making your device unusable. To fix this may require opening your device and replacing the internal SD card (assuming your device has one), which many people don't like to do, as not doing it properly (e.g. if you happen to break one of the plastic thingy holding the device together) will show the device has been open and void your warranty.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #43
Skinkie
Skinkie began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I have attempted to install fmon by:

- Syncing to the latest Aura HD software version. 2.10
- Copy KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo
- Restart the device

At the previous version I had succesfully installed Launcher.

Now all I see is a 'restart' animation. (5 boxes, going from white to black)

Anyone has a suggestion to surpass this problem?

It really seems the animation is 'on top' of the normal interface. Overriding it.

This post helped me to do a factory reset on the Aura HD.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...44&postcount=4

I'll attempt to do a reinstall of the fmon software, don't mind some tips. [It worked]

Last edited by Skinkie; 11-29-2013 at 12:29 PM.
Skinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 11:59 AM   #44
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinkie View Post
I have attempted to install fmon by:

- Syncing to the latest Aura HD software version. 2.10
- Copy KoboRoot.tgz to .kobo
- Restart the device

At the previous version I had succesfully installed Launcher.

Now all I see is a 'restart' animation. (5 boxes, going from white to black)

Anyone has a suggestion to surpass this problem?

It really seems the animation is 'on top' of the normal interface. Overriding it.

This post helped me to do a factory reset on the Aura HD.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...44&postcount=4

I'll attempt to do a reinstall of the fmon software, don't mind some tips.
Not sure what you mean by " Syncing to the latest Aura HD software version. 2.10" The latest official current firmware for the AuraHD is, at least 3.0.0., are they still pushing 2.10 when you sync? I am using 3.0.0, downloaded from the firmware sticky.

I would update your firmware first as long as you are starting over anyway.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:38 PM   #45
swamp thing
Enthusiast
swamp thing began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Files Monitor : Indirect triggering possibility?

Can the fmon "daemon" be triggered if the png file is accessed indirectly?

For example, an HTML page containing hyperlinks to various png's (or even inline png's in an HTML page that the browser needs to fetch and render)...?

This could be an easy way to build menus for different fmon-based actions.
swamp thing is offline   Reply With Quote