Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
JexMcByte
Enthusiast
JexMcByte began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi, New Kindle Paperwhite
Black Kobo

Still trying to find a online store that sells the black one for international buyers (me). If anyone knows one I'd appreciate.
JexMcByte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Have you tried Chapters/Indigo Books? They seem to have shipping rates for international delivery and you can select a black or white Kobo.
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo
Last week I went to my usual place in the square near the office to read during lunch and the girl I sat beside whipped out her black Kobo. So we exchanged a look and sat there like bookends reading on our Kobo's.

I did notice that the black one seems to show fingerprints and smudges much more than my white one.

On the other hand, on the morning train ride when I pull out my Kobo after reading the paper, I pretty much always get ink smudges on it from my thumbs.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:46 PM   #4
JexMcByte
Enthusiast

Zyzomys: Yes, but Indigo does no ship eletronics...

HamsterRage: Good insigth but if the white was full white I'd have bought already but that blue button jumps and everyone sees. But thanks for the info.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Chapters/Canada isn't shipping internationally - at this point in time. But a very friendly rep just advised me that that may change. Just watch their sites for details. Or call them.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
*reg*
Human
*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.*reg* is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kobo, iPhone
Does Borders Online Australia ship internationally? They have Black Kobos. I guess you could try? http://www.borders.com.au/ereader/
*reg* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
EtherealWinter
The Omega and Alpha
EtherealWinter began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamsterRage View Post
...and the girl I sat beside whipped out her black Kobo. So we exchanged a look...
Awww, could of been the start to a love story, or am I too sappy?

Oh and the white one is better, everything is in black these days.
EtherealWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
gandor62
Connoisseur
gandor62 began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch, Ipad, Kindle 2
I Purchased a black Kobo and a White Kobo from Angus and Robertson in Brisbane.
gandor62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:24 AM   #9
JexMcByte
Enthusiast

*reg*: I contacted them about a week ago, still waiting for an answer.
gandor62: You mean a physical store or bought online directly from that store you mentioned? I also contacted them and got no answer and there is not even a place to say you live in another country while creating an account there.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:40 AM   #10
HamsterRage
Evangelist
HamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notesHamsterRage can name that song in three notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealWinter View Post
Awww, could of been the start to a love story, or am I too sappy?
My wife of 24 years might have something to say about that.
HamsterRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:54 AM   #11
Zyzomys
Hooked on Phonics
Zyzomys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Every good love story needs some tragedy. or how about a Fatal Attraction type storyline?
Zyzomys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 12:12 PM   #12
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Ask Kobo corporate directly: Who might have black units in stock and will deliver to your country.
Old 07-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #13
JexMcByte
Enthusiast

clintbradford: Just done that. Thanks for the suggestion, sometimes the most obvious course of action we can't see.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #14
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...

>> ... sometimes the most obvious course of action we can't see ...

I am in my mid-50s in age. I cannot remember such an excellent quality of support from a corporation for a US$150 device in my lifetime ...

I have had an excellent relationship with Verizon Wireless for a decade or so ... But not the immediate replies that I have received from the folks at Kobo corporate.

I certainly HOPE that others realize this fact. Kobo corporate CARES about how INDIVIDUAL consumers are using their Kobo eReaders. It irks me when I see messages like, "My Kobo is a brick - fix it NOW!" or "Me, too ... " posts. We have direct contact info all over this message service for Kobo reps - and they are responsive, HELPFUL, and bending over backwards to please the end users.

Now, then, if I could only get my local Borders retail stores to be as excited as I am with device ... but that's another thread.

Clint Bradford
Mira Loma CA US
Old 07-17-2010, 05:14 PM   #15
JexMcByte
Enthusiast

I whish that soon i can add to that. But I usually get lousy support from everyone (not much luck) hope this is a turning point