Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-18-2010, 06:18 PM   #1
troutguy
troutguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle 3 page lags solved?

Updated to Kindle 3.0.2 and experimented with hot sun reading this afternoon (indoors, full sun, 80 degrees outdoors) and read with my graphite Kindle for 30 minutes. No noticeable lagging in page turns noticed! My machine with 3.0.1 and similar conditions began serious lagging after only about five minutes a few days ago. Problem solved?

Software update now at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700
troutguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
lindnet
Enthusiast
lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lindnet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutguy View Post
Updated to Kindle 3.0.2 and experimented with hot sun reading this afternoon (indoors, full sun, 80 degrees outdoors) and read with my graphite Kindle for 30 minutes. No noticeable lagging in page turns noticed! My machine with 3.0.1 and similar conditions began serious lagging after only about five minutes a few days ago. Problem solved?

Software update now at:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=200529700
Yep! I have had the page turn problem in full sun, shade, even in lamplight. I installed the update and have been reading outdoors for a couple of hours. No issues anymore that I can see. Yay!
lindnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 01:20 AM   #3
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Heh, ironically, it comes a day after I decided to return my K3 because of this issue. Got the return label and everything...was going to mail it off monday
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:25 AM   #4
manou
Grand Seamstress
manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.manou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, iPhone, iPad
Brilliant, I updated this morning. The update came just in time - I am off later today to Jakarta
manou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:34 AM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I was experiencing slow (1-2 sec) page turns only with smallest text size. 3.0.2 has made that go away.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-19-2010, 01:53 AM   #6
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Heh, ironically, it comes a day after I decided to return my K3 because of this issue. Got the return label and everything...was going to mail it off monday
Are you still going to return it or will you try the update first?

Amazon work very hard to resolve kinks / glitches with their products when many big companies I know (from my own bad experiences with gadgets) either don't admit there is a problem or don't want to fix it! So peeps who are giving up on the Kindle to go to any other ebook maker, I would think on it first a while! Patience can be a good virtue
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:26 AM   #7
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKindleWorm View Post
Are you still going to return it or will you try the update first?

Amazon work very hard to resolve kinks / glitches with their products when many big companies I know (from my own bad experiences with gadgets) either don't admit there is a problem or don't want to fix it! So peeps who are giving up on the Kindle to go to any other ebook maker, I would think on it first a while! Patience can be a good virtue
Well, see that's the thing. While I'm glad they fixed it (hopefully, I will give it a try tomorrow which is supposed to be sunny), I'm also irked at their customer service.

Instead of just sending me a form letter to call customer service every time I emailed them about the problem, why not tell me (even send me a form letter) they were aware of the problem and working on it?

So I dunno.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:12 AM   #8
Cloysterpete
Cloysterpete began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Well, see that's the thing. While I'm glad they fixed it (hopefully, I will give it a try tomorrow which is supposed to be sunny), I'm also irked at their customer service.

Instead of just sending me a form letter to call customer service every time I emailed them about the problem, why not tell me (even send me a form letter) they were aware of the problem and working on it?

So I dunno.
While the e-mail could have more info in it they want you to call CS so the can run through your problem a lot more efficiently than via e-mail, check how your using the device, monitor the Kindle via wi-fi, check you have the latest firmware etc, they will even call you if you don't want to pay the charges.

Amazon CS rocks!, it's a well known fact so to say you are thinking about returning the Kindle just because they sent you an e-mail so they could discuss the problem via phone is just mad.
Cloysterpete is offline   Reply With Quote