Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-16-2009, 07:22 AM   #1
Tibor
Enthusiast
Tibor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Detecting chapters

As you know, I am new in the ebooks world. I have been testing Calibre for a few days now, and I like it a lot. If I continue this way for same time I will donate a few $$ ....

I have a simple question about detecting chapters. Is there any way to detect chapters that only have the chapter number in the title, with no text?
and is there any way to detect chapters that start with the word "CAPITULO" (chapter in spanish) ??

thx in advance.
FS
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Read the XPath tutorial in the User Manual for how to do it when converting to EPUB
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 03:50 AM   #3
Tibor
Enthusiast
Tibor began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Read the XPath tutorial in the User Manual for how to do it when converting to EPUB
I see..... I wil try.
....also that way of detecting chapters is based on test patterns recognition. Is there a way that calibre automaticaly detect chapters bases on the format of the text?.

i.e. -> in rtf files, chapters text is format as "title 1" (usually). That means that is a chapter, and also word can make index.

i.e. 2 -> if pdf format, there usually is an index with the chapters. you can see with adobe viewer in "bookmarks".

it would very nice if Calibre could detect those chapters based on this issue, as they are very common and not so file exclusive.

regards
FS
Tibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre can detect chapters based on text content. As for detecting chapters from indices, no.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Best way to detect chapters is by tags (well if you use html, anyway). A chapter tag would typically be H2 or H3
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote