Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 01-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
ghostdad
ghostdad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10
Drastic Size difference in AZW3 vs EPUB (Overdrive library)

So I get a lot of books from the Overdrive library, and I assumed the Kindle and Adobe EPUB versions were the same quality, but I noticed a huge difference in sizes between AZW3 and EPUB for the same books. For instance, there's a book with lots of pictures that comes to roughly 270 megabytes in EPUB format, but it's AZW3 format is only 27 megabytes.

Is the kindle version extremely compressed or am I missing something?
ghostdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 03:48 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Books in KF8 (azw3) format tend to have reduced image resolution. See my recent post in the "Best practice to add an image" thread for another example.

---------------

Another thread that discusses this issue: Some questions regarding Oasis 2 & comics/manga

Last edited by jhowell; 01-21-2019 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Add second link
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-21-2019, 07:12 PM   #3
ghostdad
ghostdad began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Books in KF8 (azw3) format tend to have reduced image resolution. See my recent post in the "Best practice to add an image" thread for another example.

---------------

Another thread that discusses this issue: Some questions regarding Oasis 2 & comics/manga
thanks, i really appreciate it!!
ghostdad is offline   Reply With Quote