Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-22-2010, 01:30 PM   #16
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Stolen from Sparrow in Florance Art's Philosophy Salon:

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing has happened." - Winston Churchill
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 12:53 AM   #17
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Hey guys, great suggestions so far, they have been noted. Unfortunately we've locked down the scope of the release and were not able to add these in (I tried).

But this is the first of a series of updates that will add more features to the platform, so keep this thread alive and we'll try to get in as many as possible next time round.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 02:48 AM   #18
artificial
Groupie
artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.artificial got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Kobo eReader
Here's a radical and crazy idea: how about some quotes by female authors
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 04:01 AM   #19
kiwikobo
Enthusiast
kiwikobo doesn't litterkiwikobo doesn't litter

Device: Kobo
I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them. - Isaac Asimov

Writers should be read, but neither seen nor heard. - Daphne du Maurier

This is the sixth book I've written, which is not bad for a guy who's read only two. - George Burns

I think "Don't Panic" should be reserved (in large friendly lettering) for the display when the Kobo is switched off. If it were, I'd definitely switch mine off every now and then...

Charles (LOL at the H*R quote by the way...)
kiwikobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:08 AM   #20
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT

" I never thought it would happen to me"

Xavier Hollander
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #21
leighisme
Connoisseur
leighisme began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, iPhone 4, iPad2
Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today - but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.
Isaac Asimov
leighisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:28 PM   #22
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.” --Charles Darwin

“Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt” --[Measure for Measure, I-IV] --Shakespeare

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.” --Albert Einstein

"Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.” --Reinhold Niebuhr? (The Serenity Prayer)

“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.” --Vincent van Gogh

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” --Churchill

There are also plenty of good ones at this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82285
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:00 PM   #23
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwikobo View Post
I think "Don't Panic" should be reserved (in large friendly lettering) for the display when the Kobo is switched off. If it were, I'd definitely switch mine off every now and then...
That would be very nice!
corona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #24
Samantha45
Connoisseur
Samantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3
I just realized I'm not seeing the quotes anymore!
Samantha45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:39 AM   #25
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha45 View Post
I just realized I'm not seeing the quotes anymore!
Gosh well you really do need to be careful what you ask for!
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:45 AM   #26
HarleyB
Fanatic
HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarleyB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (RIP), iPad, iPhone 4, Kobo Touch x2, Kobo Glo
Sorry I couldn't help that.
Have you done something to make them go away? If so do share...

I don't see the quotes very often because I really HATE how long my Kobo takes to start up and then load a book. I always try to turn it on a few minutes before I want to read and then busy myself getting a drink, adjusting the light etc. Then I choose my book and then I rearrange the cushions, clean my glasses etc.
Only then do I look at the Kobo and start reading. Keeping busy makes those 48 seconds seem like 48 seconds and not 15 minutes.
HarleyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #27
Samantha45
Connoisseur
Samantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and graceSamantha45 herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyB View Post
Gosh well you really do need to be careful what you ask for!
Actually they are still there but they aren't there when the book is loading - I get the picture of the cover while the book is loading.

Are other people getting quotes?
Samantha45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #28
RussMeyer
RussMeyer began at the beginning.

" If it's hard it's probably not worth doing" Homer Simpson
RussMeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #29
marleyfan
marleyfan began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, htc hero, comfy chair
"Forgive and....uhh.....the other thing." Homer Simpson
marleyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 04:12 AM   #30
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
- W. C. Fields
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo