Notices

Old 02-05-2010, 06:39 AM   #1
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quick question about library folders

Hi,

I have 2 books by Peter F Hamilton, one is in a series and the other isn't. So I added these books and I assumed they both go under one author folder. But when I looked I have 2 Peter F Hamilton folders?? Is this because one of the books is in a series? Is there anyway to combine these 2 folders?
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:45 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you have 2 folders it will be becaue there is some slight difference in the names. As an example perhap one has a fullstop after the initial, or a different number of spaces between the parts of the name.

Correcting this at the Calibre level will get the files moved into the same author folder.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 06:55 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
The folders containing the books should indeed go into one folder. I have several examples of this. Series has no effect.

I suggest that you check that the spellings of the author are exactly the same: no extra spaces within the name, no periods in one but not the other, etc. If you do have only two books, one way to be sure that the names are the same using the GUI is to set one of them to XXXXX, save it, then set it back to what you want accepting the auto-complete proposition. Alternatively, copy the name from one of the books into the clipboard, select all the titles, and use the bulk metadata editor to set all of them to the copied name. Etc

(edit: itimpi, another case of simultaneous responses. )
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:07 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFK_Matrix View Post
Hi,

I have 2 books by Peter F Hamilton, one is in a series and the other isn't. So I added these books and I assumed they both go under one author folder. But when I looked I have 2 Peter F Hamilton folders?? Is this because one of the books is in a series? Is there anyway to combine these 2 folders?
The other answers are good.
I had a similar problem (Might have been the same Author, too)

Simple way:
Highlight all titles with a names variations.
Click the edit Meta Data button (you are in bulk mode)
Pick the Author you like off of the Author pull down and tick the Author sort option.
Save..

Done
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 05:37 AM   #5
AFK_Matrix
Sci Fi Addict :)
AFK_Matrix doesn't litterAFK_Matrix doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Thanks guys, much appreciated. I had stupidly left a full stop off one of the books!!
AFK_Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert