Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-14-2009, 10:08 AM   #46
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
I've been having....and you can get back to sleep...

~sigh~
My THAT was a long sentence .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 10:44 AM   #47
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
I've been having...well you know that dream...
...and it's 3am, and you play with your iPod until 4am to try smother it in your mind and you can get back to sleep...
~sigh~
After reading that, I forgot most of the eleventy dreams I had last night. But I do remember there were some MR walk-on parts.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2009, 11:12 AM   #48
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
After reading that, I forgot most of the eleventy dreams I had last night. But I do remember there were some MR stagger-on parts.

WDE.

just a wee correction for you
Old 06-14-2009, 11:18 AM   #49
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
The white-white, midnight, parasitic ones don't exactly rebalance your chi either.

Cheers,
Marc (an hour from sleep, hoping for dreams of puppies and ribbons...good puppies, not the ones that grow in your brainstem and then chew their way down and out through your exit strategy, and lovely, yellow satin ribbons, not those ones that live in your digestive system consuming all your food so that you starve to death with a full belly)
Puppies growing in your brainstem? Nonsense! That's simply a residue of a multiple surface reflection of your sweet life-long puppy friends. The reflection was distorted somewhat as it made its way across the synapses that reside near your taste center which were upset by a rather notable lack of chocolate (thus the images of so much white-white probing fronds in search of chocolate) because you've been drinking too few Zany Carter Patricias of late (possibly due to Patricia's recent relative absence at MR). Please have one or two dark chocolate sweets when you wake up and the anomaly will disappear and be replaced by vivid and wet images of puppies licking your face. Sweet dreams, Marc.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:24 AM   #50
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
My THAT was a long sentence .....
Long and terribly scary. I read it before drinking any coffee, and it woke me up all right!

I had sci-fi dream, but I'm not into that genre; it made my dream odd, slightly disgusting and, well, bad. I remember a big space shuttle I was the only one able to pilot (with my mind) and huge blobby aliens I was trying to live in peace with, even though they kept wanting to eat me and the space shuttle.

When I think of it, The aliens might represent my boss and co-workers...
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 09:12 AM   #51
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was in a wooden pencil box. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a wooden pencil box but this one had a sliding top to store pens, pencils and erasures.

The pencil box was MobileRead. A dream was like venturing out on a thread. I can't remember a lot of the dreams, but there were many and some of the dreams were serial dreams. If a new dream, or a continuation of a dream in process, got too scary I would run back to the pencil box where all would be safe.

There was some kind of magic button like the "Who's online" function at MobileRead. If I was bored, I would press this button and check "Who's online" to see where all the action was on any dreams (threads) that I wasn't subscribed to. I'd search these threads out and join in, but retreat back to the pencil box if they were too scary.

Now, I've got to go find that thread about addicion to MR.

WDE (WildDreamsEverynight)
Old 06-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #52
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
I was in a wooden pencil box. I'm not sure if I've ever seen a wooden pencil box but this one had a sliding top to store pens, pencils and erasures.
It sounds like you may have seen one before, but forgotten it, as that pretty well describes the wooden pencil boxes I've seen before. Like this:

That kind of thing?

Cheers,
Marc (Lovely artifact in which to store yourself, WDE )
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #53
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
It sounds like you may have seen one before, but forgotten it, as that pretty well describes the wooden pencil boxes I've seen before. Like this:

That kind of thing?

Cheers,
That's the one. I may have had one as a child in primary school.

Thanks...WDE.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #54
GeoffC

Quote:

That kind of thing?

Cheers,

yep - now THAT brings back memories ....
Old 06-15-2009, 09:27 AM   #55
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
I've been having...well you know that dream where you're dressed to the grey-scale nines in black-and-white movie mode, and you're on the town with The Loved One or Adrian or some other character who is the aggressive to your passive, both of you guiding the arms of two delightful dames who look remarkably like a non-naive Audrey Hepburn and Auntie Mame/Rosalind Russell and they're simply accomplices in your starring celebrity appearances or you're accomplices in theirs because it's the style of the time (or the silence of at least) and after drinks and late you go back to your house for after-drinks drinks and the two beauties leave in the requisite front-door old-style flash-bulbs of paparazzi that cements the machinated mythology but it's not important it's just the style of the time and you start scratching at your arm and you notice that your flesh puckers down like a navel in a fat man's belly or a piece of pinched dough and there are more of them all over you as you feel up your arm and across your chest and down your legs and as you casually take off your clothes with a sigh of inevitability the greyscale movie-tones fade away to the ghastly reality of colour and the puckers are as inflamed and slightly weepy as one would expect and kind of burning and if you look close you can see minute white dots which at first seem like pimples but white-white and as you watch they grow a little like puff-ball mushrooms but white-white and they grow and unfurl and they're white-white and beautiful like speeded-up fiddle-head ferns unfurling in fast-motion like you see on the telly but white-white but still beautiful ferns and they unfurl and grow beyond a palm's width and beyond a hand's width and they're white-white-white and beautiful and moving and hypnotic and the tips of their tendrils are now reaching other parts of your body but not touching each other and their white-white where it touches sinks ever so gently and shallowly just into the surface of your skin so you're marked with white-white tattoos of ferns but they're still rooted to those red, doughy puckers and where they've now attached themselves in their white-white tattoos they begin to pull back like anemones towards their centre and they continue to unfurl and wrap around parts of your body and sink and pull and then the skin and meat begin to be torn away as the white-white ferns pull away and back to the puckers and they wrap you and there's snapping as they've enfolded and and are pulling your bones and meat and skin and viscera and eyes and nails and face apart with their white-white so white-white beautiful ferns and drag it all back like anemones white-white anemones to to those puckers so that the body can ingest itself perhaps(?) but as usual you wake up just before that happens, which is nice, but those ferns those white-white ferns growing from the diseased and weeping puckering of your diseased flesh were so beautiful and so-white-white-white but you're so glad you're awake now...
...and it's 3am, and you play with your iPod until 4am to try smother it in your mind and you can get back to sleep...
~sigh~
You'll get over it.

$300 please, you can pay the laddy at the door, and this time try not to let Adrian give the tip...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:28 AM   #56
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
That's the one. I may have had one as a child in primary school.

Thanks...WDE.
That one's 19th Century, apparently. You're dog years older than I thought.

I think my father may have used one at home. I'll ask mum, as I wouldn't mind putting his fountain pens in it.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-15-2009, 09:32 AM   #57
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
You'll get over it.

$300 please, you can pay the laddy at the door, and this time try not to let Adrian give the tip...
Bah! I never asked for any treatment. If you want to offer unsolicited advice, I'll accept it as admission to my Montsnmags Enterprises Bedside Manner Training Institute.

$330 please, you can pay the ape at the door, or just take him down the pub and shout his every drink. Wait up, I'm coming too...

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-15-2009, 09:34 AM   #58
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Bah! I never asked for any treatment. If you want to offer unsolicited advice, I'll accept it as admission to my Montsnmags Enterprises Bedside Manner Training Institute.

$330 please, you can pay the ape at the door, or just take him down the pub and shout his every drink. Wait up, I'm coming too...

Cheers,
Marc
Okay, but he funds his own peanuts this time.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #59
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Okay, but he funds his own peanuts this time.
Fair enough. He puts in an expense claim to Montsnmags Enterprises Armaments Division anyway, seeing as he uses them as projectiles (either before or after consuming them).

Cheers,
Marc
Old 06-15-2009, 09:36 AM   #60
Peverel
Still Easily Confused
Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Peverel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
That one's 19th Century, apparently. You're dog years older than I thought.

I think my father may have used one at home. I'll ask mum, as I wouldn't mind putting his fountain pens in it.

Cheers,
Marc
I think I may have had a modern version. They seem to be quite well priced really (although currently unavailable) but not quite as special as the old ones

http://www.wooden.co.uk/PicFrame/1728.html

Last edited by Peverel; 06-15-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Peverel is offline   Reply With Quote