Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-07-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
la_tristesse
la_tristesse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
kindle 4nt privacy

hi folks,

I recently bought a kindle 4nt because there was a special amazon offer. Now I jailbreaked it and installed CoolReader as well as Liberator on it and I'm pretty happy. There is one thing that still bothers me: Here in the forums I read about amazons policy of collecting data while using the kindle, but I'm not sure if the method to stop them from it is appropriate anymore.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51371

I own a Kindle 4 NT (black edition, 2012) with 4.1.0 jailbreaked.

I would be glad if the others would share experiences with that device with me.

Regards
la_tristesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:30 PM   #2
medard
Wizard
medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.medard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Electronic Paper
I'm just preparing a detailed tutorial about this for the german forum.

Anyway, there are some very simple steps to stop anybody from collecting any data from your Kindle:
  • Turn Wifi off and never turn it on again
  • Don't use your real name to purchase books, use a new Amazon account for your Kindle
  • Keep your books and clippings private
If you can read german (or know how to use Google Translate) you can find some further reading here.
medard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert