Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #1
marty1990
Enthusiast
marty1990 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Crashing after using Calibre

My mum has a Kobo Touch. She already had some eBooks on her computer, so she used Calibre to transfer her books over. They worked fine. A couple of days later she had noticed the books had gone, so she then tried to transfer them over again with Calibre, but when the Kobo Touch was updating, it locked on 52%. The device then had to be reset. We've just tried it again, but this time it's stuck on 37% and looks like it will need to be reset again.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks
marty1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
whichgrep
whichgrep began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mine did that yesterday, every time I reset and restarted, it stopped on "Processing new content" at 6%, even after I left it all night.

Can you connect the Kobo to the computer as an external disk? I just deleted the newest books I had added, restarted the Kobo, then added one book at a time until I worked out which one broke it
whichgrep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichgrep View Post
I just deleted the newest books I had added, restarted the Kobo, then added one book at a time until I worked out which one broke it
Yeah, it's usually one "bad book". I had this happen a few weeks ago with a public domain book that I *should* have gotten from the MR collection instead.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
RareBird
Addict
RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RareBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Like taming and whichgrep said, it's probably a bad book. I've had this happen a few times with public domain books from gutenberg. Do like whichgrep and add the books one at a time or in small batches until you find the culprit and you should be fine.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote