Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 02:20 PM   #31
adrhc
Connoisseur
adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.adrhc can teach chickens to fly.

Device: PcketBook Pro 903
@Raice
Can it be used as programing pdf documents reader ? Does it has reflow without losing formatting ? Does it has zoom with small steps like 110%, 120%, 130%, 140%, 150%, ... or what ?

thanks you
adrhc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:37 PM   #32
Raice
Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Hanvon E920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogolo View Post
Raice, I envy you, 200ppi must be very nice...

How is battery life?

Has it a folder based view?

Thanks.
Yes, looks very nice

Right now, I don't have much time to read so the battery is still full

Yes, it has folder based view. I hope, that on Sunday I'll have enough time to make more photos with better quality
Raice is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2011, 10:46 PM   #33
Raice
Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.Raice got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrhc View Post
@Raice
Can it be used as programing pdf documents reader ?
thanks you
Mmm... What do you mean?

Quote:
Does it has reflow without losing formatting ?
I'm afraid no. But I'll make some photos and you'll see it by yourself

Quote:
Does it has zoom with small steps like 110%, 120%, 130%, 140%, 150%, ... or what ?
No. There is a button with label "Manual" but it's greyed.
Old 09-18-2011, 06:20 AM   #34
gabriel.istrate
gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!gabriel.istrate rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raice View Post
Mmm... What do you mean?

I'm afraid no. But I'll make some photos and you'll see it by yourself

No. There is a button with label "Manual" but it's greyed.
rather silly question: does it have english firmware as well, or only chinese
? In other words how easy is it to operate if you don't read chinese ?

Best,
Gabi
gabriel.istrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:49 AM   #35
jarreboum
jarreboum began at the beginning.

Thank you Raice, I'll have it.
jarreboum is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #36
Raice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel.istrate View Post
rather silly question: does it have english firmware as well, or only chinese
? In other words how easy is it to operate if you don't read chinese ?

Best,
Gabi
It have only one firmware, but interface is translated in 3 languages: English, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional.
Old 09-18-2011, 10:27 AM   #37
Raice

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarreboum View Post
Thank you Raice, I'll have it.
you are welcome
Old 09-18-2011, 10:28 AM   #38
Raice

Some hi-res photos with kindle
http://sch.canton.ru/temp/e920vskindle3-big.png
http://sch.canton.ru/temp/e920vskindle3.png
Old 09-19-2011, 08:50 AM   #39
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Looks very nice! Thanks for the pics. If you find the time I'd love to read a review. Thanks!
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 10:13 AM   #40
Raice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gogolo View Post
Looks very nice! Thanks for the pics. If you find the time I'd love to read a review. Thanks!
I'll try!

Got original cover today, waiting for reading light
Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #41
robvarga
Connoisseur
robvarga began at the beginning.

Device: BeBook Mini
Any news on this device? EU resellers?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Robert
robvarga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 05:06 PM   #42
JoyfmJonny
JoyfmJonny began at the beginning.

Device: none
Latest Price in Taobao

CNY2780
JoyfmJonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #43
Nexutix
Reading and reading
Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nexutix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Infibeam Pi, iPod Touch 4G, iPad Air 2, iPad mini 2, Oneplus One
Want to buy it internationally.
Nexutix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 11:15 PM   #44
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexutix View Post
Want to buy it internationally.
That makes sense. After deducting the local sales tax of 17% the above price comes out to USD 375.- --- so I would expect them to sell it around US$ 300.- internationally. Would be a good price IF they deliver a quality unit with thoroughly tested firmware (as the Boox M90 shows, that is still a big question mark). Another matter I would like to know more about is if the black&white experience is as good as on a e-ink pearl screen?

Last edited by HansTWN; 11-12-2011 at 11:19 PM.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 01:20 PM   #45
medvedev
Connoisseur
medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.medvedev can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansTWN View Post
Another matter I would like to know more about is if the black&white experience is as good as on a e-ink pearl screen?
Afaik Hanvon E920 has an Pearl Display with a resolution of 200dpi.
But Hanvon E920 has a combination of a capacitive (usable with fingers) and inductive (stylus based) touch screen. Capacitive display implies an additional transparent layer infront of the Display which increase reflections and reduces the contrast.
medvedev is offline   Reply With Quote